Oh! My God

Oh! My God

Do you have foxgloves in your garden?

The flowers look just like little hats, don’t they? And it used to be believed that fairies wore the bell-shaped flowers as hats – they are just the right size.


Do you hear a rattle? It can be rattlesnake. Do you know what makes rattle snake’s tail rattle?

The vibration of shell-like rings on the end of its tail makes the rattling sound. The rattle is made up of dry, hard pieces of unshed skin. As the snake grows, the number of rings increases. So the louder the rattle, bigger the snake. The snake will shake its rattle to fright away the intruder.


Do you know the difference between the Dolphin and a Porpoise?

First, these two are not fish they are mammals. They have to breathe above the water, both are related to whales, but are smaller. Dolphins can grow to 12 feet in length and have a beak. Porpoise are beakless and are usually between three and six feet long.


Do you know the reason why do Zebras and Tigers have stripes?

This is camouflage. This helps them to hide. If Zebra or a tiger were in your backyard, you would know it. However, if you were in their neighbourhood, you might miss them. Striped coats are hard to see in the light and dark shadows of forests and grasslands. This helps to keep them safe from predators and help tiger to get its prey easily.



Dolphins sleep with one eye open!


Dragonfly’s Eye

Dragonfly’s Eye contains 30,000 lenses.


Driest desert

The driest desert is the Atacama Desert in northern Chile, South America. Until 1971 it had had no rain at all for 400 years.


Dudley Do-Right

In 1960, a then-unknown Dan Rather auditioned for the voice of cartoon character Dudley Do-Right but was turned down by animator / director Jay Ward.


Earth Weight

Earth weighs 5,972,000,000, 000,000,000, 000 tons


Earth’s surface

One-tenth of the Earth’s surface is always under the cover of ice. And almost 90 per cent of that ice is to be found in the continent of Antarctica. The remaining 10 per cent is found on the mountains in the form of glaciers. The ice sheet that covers Antarctica is almost one-and-a-half times the size of America. The only creatures that live on Antarctica throughout the year are insects.

Check Also

Har Ghar Tiranga Bike Rally

Har Ghar Tiranga Bike Rally

A Har Ghar Tiranga Bike Rally by Members of Parliament was launched in Delhi from …