India is one of the oldest civilizations in the world with a kaleidoscopic variety and rich cultural heritage. It has achieved all-round socio-economic progress since Independence. As the 7th largest country in the world, India stands apart from the rest of Asia, marked off as it is by mountains and the sea, which give the country a distinct geographical entity. Bounded by the Great Himalayas in the north, it stretches southwards and at the Tropic of Cancer, tapers off into the Indian Ocean between the Bay of Bengal on the east and the Arabian Sea on the west.
The ministries of the Government of India have come up with various useful schemes from time to time. These schemes could be either Central, state specific or joint collaboration between the Center and the states. They are detailed below:
- Atal Pension Yojana (Swavalamban Yojana): Government-backed Pension Scheme
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana: Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana – Micro Units Development & Refinance Agency
- Skill India Yojana: कौशल भारत / Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (Mission): India cleanliness drive
- Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission: Digital Health Ecosystem