One of the most significant festivals of Sikhism
, Guru Nanak Jayanti celebrates the birthday of Guru Nanak Dev
. Guru Nanak is the founder of Sikhism and the first of the 10 gurus of the Sikhs. This holy occasion is commemorated with immense joy, splendor and grandeur. The day falls on the day of full moon in the Kartik month according to the Hindu calendar
. People carry out processions on this day singing hymns from the Guru Granth Sahib and exchanging greetings with one another. You can make this festival even more special by gifting some stylish and auspicious presents to your family, friends and others. In this article, we bring you some unique ideas for Guru Nanak Jayanti gifts.
Guru Nanak Jayanti Gift Ideas For Students & Households
Guru Nanak Jayanti Gift Ideas
- Sweets: Traditional sweets and mithais are the most famous and appreciated gifts on any festival or occasion. You can either gift a box of a particular sweet or have assorted sweets wrapped in one gift box. Sweets like Kaju Katli and Besan Laddoo are the best options.
- Dry Fruits: In case your gift recipient is not a sweet lover or is calorie-conscious or diabetic, you can go in for dry fruits. Since Guru Nanak Jayanti comes in the winter season, dry fruits make an ideal gift choice as they have a long shelf-life. Look out for attractively packed dry fruit boxes either from sweet shops or online gift shops.
- Ek Onkar Pendants: You can also go for Ek Onkar pendants for a traditional gift. They are available in gold, silver, bronze and other non-precious materials. Hence, you can make your choice conveniently as per your affordability. They are the best option for gifting to family or loved ones.
- Wall Hangings: Purchase a photo frame of Guru Nanak Dev to gift to those who are religious and spiritual. The photo can be hung either in the living room or “puja ghar” (worship room) under a spot-light. Wall hangings or paintings of Ek Omkar are yet another good choice. They are a great way of expressing good wishes.
- Chocolates: These days, chocolates are not restricted to kids only as adults too prefer receiving chocolate gift hampers. Delicious and mouth-watering chocolates can be gifted to parents, siblings, friends, relatives and children, of course. You can also go for homemade chocolates wrapped in stylish gift packs.
- Shabad CDs & DVDs: CDs and DVDs, undoubtedly, make a meaningful gift idea on this auspicious occasion of Guru Nanak Jayanti. Get hold of a collection of shabads and Gurbani CDs by great singers and present them to your near and dear ones.
- Religious Books & Pooja Gifts: Religious books and pooja gifts make an ideal gift option for presenting to grandparents, mothers and the religiously-inclined people. A large variety of options are available, such as a miniature copy of Guru Granth Sahib, books on religious discourses, rehal or book stand, miniature sculpture of the Golden Temple, and so on.