Diabetes — Diabetes is a condition when the body has high level of blood glucose and the excretion of the excess glucose in the urine. It is a chronic nutritional disorder. In this case, the body is unable to break the sugar levels and also cannot produce insulin. While the former causes excess of sugar level in the blood, the latter is concerned loss of energy. Diabetes is gradually emerging out as a big problem in the world at large. While the disorder mostly strikes the obese people in middle or older age, it is also common in the youth as well. The normal sugar content should be is 80 -120mg per 100 ml of blood. When it is above this level, it needs to be controlled. Diabetes causes hunger, weight loss, thirst, urination, dehydration. In severe cases also, heart disease, hearing and vision problems are also caused. However, the level of sugar can be controlled with minimum efforts. Read onto know some home remedies to treat diabetes naturally.
Home Remedy For Diabetes
- Having fenugreek seeds water is one of the most effective remedy for treating diabetes. Saturate 90 -100 seeds in 250 liters of water. Keep them overnight. In the morning mash the seeds and strain them. Drink this water everyday.
- Bittermelon or bitter gourd is also beneficial in curing diabetes. A person suffering from diabetes can have half cup juice regularly. Another method would be to fry the bittermelon and add salt and other condiments.
- Take some honey and combine equal amounts of turmeric powder and dried gooseberry powder to it. Have this mixture regularly. Another method would be to mix equal amounts of gooseberry juice and fresh turmeric juice. Intake this mixed juice on an empty stomach daily.
- Mango leaves also fight diabetes. Take about 3-4 mango tree leaves and boil them in water. Have this water when warm.
- For people who have higher sugar level, chew 3-4 leaves of jamun (Syszygium cumini) in the morning and evening. One can also mash 3-4 leaves of jamun tree in half cup of water and drink it.
- Dip 60 grams of fresh ripe fruit in 300 ml of boiling water and cover it. After about half an hour, mash the jamun and strain it. Drink this juice three times a day.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of cinnamon powder to a liter of water. Heat this water for 20 minutes. Strain this mixture and have the water when warm.
- Another easy yet useful home remedy to reduce blood sugar level would be to chew two leaves, each of neem and bilva in the morning.
- Soak a few almonds and keep them overnight. Have them first thing in the morning in an empty stomach.
- Consume ten leaves each of basil, neem and belpatras with a glass of water on an empty stomach in the morning. This would be very useful in treating diabetes.
- Take a jar of water and immerse the peels of green plantain, after it has been washed. Intake this water three to four times in a day.
- Consume 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar thrice a day to relieve of diabetes.
- Diabetic patients should increase the consumption of soybeans, celery, cucumbers, string beans, onion and garlic in their diet.