— A highly contagious infection, herpes is a viral infection caused by the herpes simplex virus. There are two types of herpes – oral
that causes cold sores or fever blisters around the mouth. The other, genital herpes
, causes sores below the waist. The latter is sexually transmitted
and causes pain and blisters in the genital area. Herpes can be transferred by kissing, sharing eating utensils or having intimate contact. Stress, fatigue, pregnancy, hormonal imbalance and cosmetic surgery are also some of the causes of herpes. Painful sores, flu-like symptoms, fever, and swollen glands are some of the symptoms of herpes. They might be mild, moderate or even severe. However, herpes can be treated at home naturally.
Read onto know some of the home remedies for herpes.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies For Herpes
- The most popular and effective home remedies is rub ice on it for a few minutes. It would provide instant healing effect.
- Prepare black coffee without sugar. After having the coffee, apply the remains in the cup, on it.
- Take some baking powder and pat a cotton ball with it over the infected area. This would be beneficial in treating.
- Take 5 drops each of Bergamot oil and eucalyptus oil. Coat this mix on the herpes affected area after every few minutes.
- Take a cup of olive oil and pour it in a pot. Add some bee wax and lavender oil to it and cook the mixture. When cooked, allow it to cool. Thereafter, coat it on.
- In 3 liters of water, add 25 grams each of dried mullein, mallow roots and marsh mallow roots. Simmer it for about 3 minutes. Filter the mixture and use on a compress day and might. This would reduce irritation and also makes prevention.
- Grate a carrot and wrap it in a cloth. Apply this on the blisters. It would lessen glandular swelling and alleviate the pain, thereby, providing healing effect.
- Increase in the consumption of foods rich in vitamins, zinc and iron. It is also advisable to have lots of leafy vegetables and fruits.
- Take a tea bag and dip it in a cup of hot water. Apply this warm tea bag on the blisters for half an hour.
- Applying Aloe Vera gel on the blisters also provides relief.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in cornstarch. Dab this cotton on the sores. It would provide relief to a person suffering.
- Intake a cup of peppermint tea as it would be helpful in lessening the pain and fever.