The demographics of China are identified by a large population with a relatively small youth division, which was partially a result of China’s one-child policy, which is now modified to a two-child policy in 2015. China’s population reached the billion mark in 1982.
China’s population is 1.411 billion, the largest of any country in the world. According to the 2010 census, 91.51% of the population was Han Chinese, and 8.49% were minorities. China’s population growth rate is only 0.59%, ranking 159th in the world. China conducted its sixth national population census on 1 November 2010. Unless otherwise indicated, the statistics on this page pertain to mainland China only; see also Demographics of Hong Kong and Demographics of Macau.
- The population of China fluctuated between 30 million and 86 million during the Han dynasty.
- After the collapse of the Han Dynasty, the population stayed around 50 million until the advent of the Tang Dynasty.
- Under the Tang Dynasty, the population increased from 45 million to 80 million over the course of 200 years.
- At the beginning of the Song Dynasty, the population stood at over 100 million.
- After Ming and earlier period of Qing dynasty founded population moved around 100 million to 150 million until 1700s.
- In the period between 1749 and 1851, the population doubled in a century.
- During 1960-2015, the population doubled to nearly 1.4 billion.
- World Population Day
- World Population Day Greeting Cards
- World Population Day Facebook Covers
- Famous English Quotes about Population
- Hindi Slogans on Population Control जनसंख्या नियंत्रण पर नारे
- How do we celebrate World Population Day?
- What are themes for World Population Day?
- Why do we celebrate World Population Day?
- Hindi Poem about Over Population जनसंख्या
- Kids poem on Overpopulation in English
- Short English poem about – Increasing Population
- Population Explosion – English Poetry about Population
- 95 per cent of world’s population has health problems
- More than one-fifth of the world’s population lives in just one country. Which one?