How is Navratri Pooja Thali Decorated? Navratri is the festival of Goddess Durga. The nine days festival is celebrated in different ways in the country but is very grand in Gujarat and West Bengal. Also known as Durga Puja, the festival marks the onset of autumn. The Navratri decorations start few days before the festival. Navratri puja thali decoration ideas:
How is Navratri Pooja Thali Decorated?
- Arrange all the things required for the puja. The nine days puja thali needs to be decorated well. Try out different designs for all the days.
- Silver puja thalis are great and looks elegant too. You can also use brass or steel thalis. Cover the corners of the thali with a zari. The best way to attach zari is by sticking them with Fevicol.
- Attach beads if you want or else you can also stitch hanging beads. The hanging beads are nowadays commonly visible in puja thali decorations. Before attaching the zari on the thali, stitch few hanging beads after small spaces of about 1 inch.
- You can make a paper box to keep kumkum and avoid it from spreading in the thali. For this puja thali decoration idea, make two paper boxes to keep kumkum and chawal separately. If you keep vermilion (sindoor) then add one more box.
- If you want to use this thali for vrat then you have to add fruits and sweets. Therefore you need a big thali. Navratri vrat thali decoration can start with the bandhej colored thali. Cut a chart paper with bandhej design and stick it with Fevicol or sellotape.
- For Navratri vrat puja thali decoration, use a banana leaf as a base and then spread little flower petals before placing the fruits.
- To decorate Navratri thali with diyas (earthen lamp), place diyas in a circular manner with a big size diya in the middle. Make Rangoli designs on the thali and then place the diyas. If you want to keep it simple and prevent the thali from getting oil stains then cut a banana leaf in the shape of the thali and place it as the base. It adds aesthetic and spiritual touch to the decoration idea.