Vegetable Tofu Pancakes Recipe
How To Make Vegetable Tofu Pancakes, Recipe Of Vegetable Tofu Pancakes
Children’s Day is celebrated on different days in different countries across the globe. India marks its Children’s Day on the birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru. It is commemorated on 14th November every year with great pomp and show. Nehru loved children and hence, his birth anniversary has been remembered as Children’s Day. Nehru was affectionately known as Chacha Nehru as a token of love and respect for the eminent personality. Different cultural programs and events are organized on this day in schools across the nation. A large variety of delicacies are also made on this day. Vegetable tofu pancakes make a great delight for breakfast allowing the kids to start off with a healthy option. Find the recipe of making vegetable tofu pancakes in the following lines.
How To Make Vegetable Tofu Pancakes
- 250 g soft Tofu (grated coarsely)
- 1½ cups Wheat Flour
- ½ cup Semolina
- 1 Carrot (grated)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 small Green Chili (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp fresh Curd
- ½ cup Water
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- A sprig of Spring Onion (with greens, finely chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- Take a large bowl and combine together tofu, wheat flour, semolina, carrot, onion, spring onion, green chili, coriander leaves, curd, water, baking soda and salt.
- Mix well to form a thick batter of spreadable consistency.
- Set the mixture aside for 10 minutes.
- Place a nonstick flat bottomed pan or skillet on fire and heat it.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter into the skillet.
- Gently spread to make a ½ cm thick pancake.
- Cook till the bottom gets crisp and golden.
- Flip to the other side and cook well.
- Remove and transfer to a plate.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with green chutney or sauce.