Coconut Crinkles Recipe
How To Make Coconut Crinkles, Recipe Of Coconut Crinkles
India celebrates its Children’s Day on 14th November, while the Universal Children’s day is commemorated on 20th November. India marks it on a separate day to celebrate India’s first Prime Minister, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru’s birth anniversary. Nehru loved and admired children a lot. Hence, Children’s Day pays a tribute to this legendary freedom fighter for his love for kids. This festival is observed with great splendor and grandeur across the nation with schools and educational institutions organizing events and activities. Various dishes are prepared for kids on this day back home. Coconut crinkles is one such mouth-watering cookie dish that is prepared on this special day. With great taste and aromatic flavor, coconut crinkles make a great treat for this festival. Know the how to make coconut crinkles by following any of the two recipes given here.
How To Make Coconut Crinkles
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Shortening
- 2/3 cup granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Milk
- ½ cup Walnuts
- 2 Chocolate Squares (bitter)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir shortening, sugar and vanilla essence until creamed.
- Add eggs and chocolate squares. Beat well.
- Sieve flour and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to the egg mixture alternating with milk. Mix well.
- Add walnuts and stir well.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 3 hours.
- Remove and divide the mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Coat the balls with granulated sugar.
- Place the balls on greased cookie sheets about 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Cool the cookies in the pan.
- Henceforth, remove and cool the cookies completely.
- ½ cup soft Shortening
- ¼ cup Butter/ Margarine
- 1 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2½ cup breakfast Cereal (crushed down to 1½ cups)
- ¾ cup Coconut (flaked)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Combine together shortening, butter and brown sugar. Mix well till it gets light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Blend well.
- Stir in crushed cereal and coconut.
- Drop tablespoons of the mixture onto the greased baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes till they turn lightly brown.