Objectives of International Yoga Day: 21st June of every year is declared as the World Yoga Day by the UN General Assembly on 11th December 2014. Yoga is regarded as an ancient practice of mental, spiritual and physical healing which was practiced in India for the last 5000 years. 21st June was chosen as the day for observance, since it is the longest day in the summer solstice and is believed to have significant effect on the bodies of the people living in the Northern Hemisphere.
The main objective behind this observation is to make this ancient practice popular among the present generation of people who are unaware of its benefits. Adopting this practice is believed to provide significant relief from physical ailments and mental tension which plagues our day to day life. A list of in depth objectives behind observing this day is listed below.
Objectives of International Yoga Day
International Day of Yoga has been adopted to fulfill the following objectives:
- To let people know the amazing and natural benefits of yoga.
- To connect people to the nature by practicing yoga.
- To make people get used of meditation through yoga.
- To draw attention of people worldwide towards the holistic benefits of yoga.
- To reduce the rate of health challenging diseases all over the world.
- To bring communities much close together to spend a day for health from busy schedule.
- To enhance growth, development and spread peace all through the world.
- To help people in their bad situations themselves by getting relief from stress through yoga.
- To strengthen the global coordination among people through yoga.
- To make people aware of physical and mental diseases and its solutions through practicing yoga.
- To protect unhealthy practices and promote and respect the good practices to make health better.
- To let people know their rights of good health and healthy life style to completely enjoy the highest standard of physical and mental health.
- To link between protection of health and sustainable health development.
- To get win over all the health challenges through regular yoga practice.
- To promote better metal and physical health of people through yoga practice.
- International Day of Yoga
- International Day of Yoga Greeting Cards
- International Day of Yoga Facebook Covers
- International Day of Yoga Images, Stock Photos
- योग पर अनमोल विचार
- Yoga Quotes in English
- Famous Yoga Slogans and Sayings
- Yoga Slogans in Hindi योग पर नारे
- Yoga – Category
- International Yoga Week: 1 – 7 March
- What are the Objectives of International Yoga Day?
- How to celebrate International Yoga Day?
- What is the History of International Yoga Day?
- Embrace yoga to age gracefully – June 21 is International Yoga Day
- Why 21 June was chosen as International Yoga Day?
- Yoga benefits are multifold – Says Sri Sri Ravi Shankar