The scent of flowers,
The colours of Rangoli,
And the sound of crackers.
The gifts and sweets from dear ones,
And the getting of their love,
The light of the candles below,
And the dazzling fireworks up above.
Lighting lamps at our homes,
Making the less fortunate smile,
Putting on new apparels,
Show our friends some style.
Paying respects to the Gods,
And decorating for them the thali,
This is what the occasion is all about,
This is the spirit of Deepavali.
10 Lines On / Sentences About Diwali in English for School Kids
- Diwali, also called as Deepavali is a Hindu festival of lights.
- It is celebrated in spring season which falls between October and November.
- Diwali signifies victory of light over darkness. People decorate their homes with lights, diyas, and rangolis.
- They wear new clothes, greet and wish each other.
- People go to various temples, mostly Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Rama temples.
- Diwali is a 5-day festival which starts from Dhanteras and ends with Bhai dooj.
- Diwali is celebrated to honor the day Lord Rama returned from 14 years of Vanvasa (Exile).
- Diwali signifies the win of good over evil.
- Some also celebrate Diwali to honor the return of Pandavas from exile.
- Diwali is one of the most awaited festivals in India.
- For a week people forget their problems and enjoy the life.