Alzheimer — Alzheimer’s is the term used to describe a gradual mental decline in individuals. Bit by bit, it destroys the cognitive process, logical thought, and verbal communication of the affected person. In the mild phase of Alzheimer’s, a patient forgets his daily routine. Things, places or people that were familiar earlier, seem new and unrecognizable. In the moderate phase, behavioral problems start occurring, while in the last stage, they forget everything and everyone completely. They forget even simple activities like eating food or drinking water. The reason why this disease occurs in humans is not definitely known till date. Though Alzheimer’s is an irreversible disease, certain home remedies can prove to be beneficial in curbing it. Read on to explore some natural remedies for Alzheimer’s.
Home Remedies For Alzheimer’s
- The best and easiest way to cure Alzheimer’s disease is to have lots of raw carrots. Consumption of carrots, as salad or in the form of juice, helps improve memory.
- Eating fish has been found to be beneficial for people suffering from Alzheimer’s. It aids normal functioning of the brain.
- Patients with Alzheimer’s should make it a habit to write down their regular routine. They must try to memorize it and thereafter, recall it after some time.
- Biofeedback is also a good way to cure Alzheimer’s. In this process, the patient is made aware of his quantifiable bodily functions such as blood pressure, heart rate, blood sugar and skin temperature. This raises the patient’s awareness as well as his conscious control of the involuntary physiological activities.
- A study claims that proper intake of Vitamin E slows the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by as much as 25%. Almonds, avocado, hazelnuts, vegetable oils, whole grain products and egg yolk are some of the food srich in Vitamin E. Try to consume these food items as much as possible.
- It is said that the extract of ginkgo biloba, an herb, can improve the brain functioning. 100 to 200 mg of ginkgo biloba extract, 3 times a day, would aid the mental functioning of people with Alzheimer’s.
- Some herbs increase the production of Acetylcholine in the brain and in turn, help in treating or curing Alzheimer’s. Such herbs include horse balm, rosemary, dandelion, fava beans, fenugreek, sage, ginkgo, Brazil nut, stinging nettle, willow and gotu kola.
- Plants foods, such as dandelion greens, poppy seeds, soybeans and even commonly used mung beans, should be added to a person’s diet. They can help cure Alzheimer’s.
- Eating pumpkin, sesame, and sunflower seeds improves brain functioning and helps in treating Alzheimer’s.