Allergy — The word ‘allergy’ refers to a changed or unusual tissue reaction after it is exposed to an antigen or allergen. Allergy occurs when our body becomes too sensitive and gets susceptible to allergic reaction. There is no specific area in the body where allergy takes place. It can happen anywhere and is mostly caused by pollens, dust, cosmetics, animal hair, poisonous plants, serums, vaccines and drugs. At times, it can also result from over exposure to physical agents, such as heat, cold and sunlight.
On other occasions, it has been found that some food items can also be the reason for allergic reactions. Careless diets and faulty style of living are some other causes of allergy. Last, but nor the least, allergy might be the result of mental or physical stress and strain. Frequent headaches, eczema and swelling on the face and eyes are some of the symptoms of an allergy. If you are looking for some home remedies for curing the problem, the following tips will come handy.
Home Remedies For Allergy
- The best home remedy would be a paste of sandalwood and limejuice. Apply the paste on the affected area. It will relieve you from itching and provide a soothing effect as well.
- Application of mashed almond leaves on the affected area would also prove to be effective.
- If you do not want to apply anything on the affected area, no problem. Put five grams garden mint in water and make a paste. Filter this mixture and add 12 grams of sugar. Intake this mixture two times a day.
- Allergy brings itching along with it. Rub mashed papaya seeds on the affected area to get rid of itching.
- Another natural way to cure allergy is to combine lemon juice with coconut oil. Apply this mixture on the affected area.
- Yet another effective home remedies is a mixture of poppy seeds, water and lime juice. Crush a tablespoon of poppy seeds and add a teaspoon of water and a teaspoon of limejuice. Apply on the affected area to get relief.
- One of the easiest remedies for allergy comprises of food items that are rich in Vitamin C. Your best bet will be citrus fruits.
- Put two tablespoons of cider vinegar in a glass of water. Drink this mixture to heal yourself from allergy.
- Mix five drops of castor oil with half a cup of any fruit or vegetable juice or plain water. Drink this mixture every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Carrot juice, combined with beetroot and cucumber juice, is an effective home remedy for treating allergies.