Labour in India refers to employment in the economy of India. In 2012, there were around 487 million workers in India, the second largest after China. Of these over 94 percent work in unincorporated, unorganized enterprises ranging from pushcart vendors to home-based diamond and gem polishing operations. The organised sector includes workers employed by the government, state-owned enterprises and private sector enterprises. In 2008, the organised sector employed 27.5 million workers, of which 17.3 million worked for government or government owned entities.
My Role: English Poem On Builders And Labour
A gang of men in a busy town;
With a ho-heave-ho and a lusty yell,
They swung a beam and a sidewall fell.
I asked the foreman, “Are these men skilled
As the men you would hire if you had to build?”
He laughed and said, “No indeed!
Just common labor is all I need.
I can easily wreck in a day or two
What builders have taken a year to do.”
I asked myself as I went my way,
Which of these roles have I tried to play?
Am I a builder who works with care
Measuring life with the rule and square,
Or am I a wrecker who walks the town,
Content with the labor of tearing down.
- अंतरराष्ट्रीय मज़दूर दिवस
- Labour Day
- People Working & Labour Coloring Pages
- People Working & Labour Day Images
- Labour Day Facebook Covers
- Labour Day Greetings, May Day eCards
- Labour Day Quotes in English
- मज़दूर दिवस उद्धरण – Labour Day Quotes in Hindi
- Labour Day Quiz
- What is Labour Day?
- Why is May Day Celebrated?
- Who began the labour movement?
- When is Labour Day in Australia?
- When is Labour Day in Jamaica?
- When was the first Labour Day Parade held?
- Where was the first Labour Day parade celebrated?
- Why France celebrate Labour Day or May Day?
- When did Congress vote Labour Day a federal holiday?
- Which state first granted Labour Day legal status as holiday?