Army Day in India is celebrated with great enthusiasm every year on 15th of January. It has been started celebrating to respect the Lieutenant General of India, K. M. Cariappa (Kodandera Madappa Cariappa) who was the first Indian Army’s Commander-in-Chief. It is celebrated every year at all the Army Command headquarters and national capital by organizing army parades including many other military shows.
It is celebrated to pay homage and salute to the courageous and brave Indian soldiers who have been sacrificed their lives for protecting the country. Indian Army General Kodandera Madappa Cariappa was succeeded the British Army General Roy Butcher and became the first Commander-in-Chief of the independent India.
Indian Army soldiers are always ready to fight with all the hard times at Indian borders as well as with the natural disasters. They courageously face all the challenges and difficulties come their way to save the nation and people.
Army Day Celebration:
Indian army plays a great and big role during the disaster situations in the country as they are dedicated to the country to become the War Winning Team. The day was decided to be celebrated as the army day in India to start paying tribute to the sacrificed Indian army soldiers at the “Amar Jawan Jyoti” at India Gate in New Delhi.
After paying homage, an excellent parades including military shows takes place to indicate the new technologies and accomplishments in the Indian Army. Bravery awards including Unit credentials and Sena Medals are distributed at this great occasion.
At the Army Day celebration in Jammu and Kashmir, serving army personnel get the bravery and famed service awards (Sena medals, Vishist Seva medals and etc). The day has been marked to memorize the daring and bold Indian soldiers who lost their lives while protecting their nation.
Army Day Parade:
Parade during the army day celebration is carried out by the Indian army soldiers (Indian army bands) which involves the exhibition of BLT T-72, T-90 tanks, Brahmos Missile, carrier Mortar Tracked Vehicle, 155 MM Soltum Gun, Advanced Light Helicopters of the Army Aviation Corps and etc.
Serving Indian armies take a pledge at this day to maintain their service and protect the nation from enemies whether they are foreign or domestic.
Indian Army Related Slogans:
- Brave men celebrate in adversity, just as brave soldiers triumph in war.
- Death is lighter than a feather, but the Indian Army’s duty is heavy as a mountain.
- Do not forget that the armed forces are the protectors of the people.
- He will win whose Army is encouraged by the same spirit throughout all its ranks.
- They are quartered in snow, silent to remain. When the bugle calls, they shall arise and march again.
- Sleep peacefully at your houses, and the Army is guarding the boundaries.
- Ten soldiers lead wisely will knock a hundred without a head.
- Victory normally goes to the Army, which has better-trained leaders and men.
- You can’t expect loyalty from the Army if I do not give it back to them.
- The harder the battle, the more grand the victory.
- Discipline is the heart of an armed force.
- Stand with the Army because they let you sleep in peace.
- Celebrate the Indian Army because we don’t do enough for them.
- The Army stays awake endless nights so that you can sleep.
- Every we lose an army, we lose a family member.