Wrinkles — The loss of elasticity and moisture in the skin leads to wrinkles. Mainly seen with old age, it leads to sagging skin. Wrinkles usually appear when the collagen and elastin present in the connective tissue of the skin weaken or decrease in number. The areas most affected by wrinkles are face, neck and hands. The most prominent symptoms of wrinkles are lined and creased skin and sagging skin. While age is the predominant cause of wrinkles, others include over exposure to sun, smoking, pollution, drug use, stress, weight loss and loss of vitamin E from the body. However, wrinkles can be treated naturally as well. In the following lines, we have provided some of the most effective home remedies for curing wrinkles.
Home Remedy For Wrinkles
- One of the best home remedies for wrinkles includes eggs. Apply beaten egg whites on the wrinkled skin. Let it dry and then wash off.
- Another effective home remedy would be to empty the contents of 3 Vitamin E capsules in a small bowl. In this, add 2 tsp plain yogurt, 1/2 tsp honey and 1/2 tsp lemon juice. Using a cotton ball, apply this mixture on the face. After about 10 minutes, rinse it off.
- Prepare a mixture by adding 1/4 cup each of comfrey infusion and witch hazel, along with 10 drops of patchouli essential oil. Store the solution in a bottle and apply on the affected area with a cotton ball, every night.
- Applying coconut oil on the wrinkled skin is considered to be a good home remedy. However, make sure you apply it only before going to bed.
- Take a little turmeric powder and add sugarcane juice to it. Form a paste and apply it on the wrinkles. Once dry, rinse it off the face. This is a useful way to get rid of wrinkles.
- Take a green seedless grape and cut it into half. Now, rub one of the halves on the wrinkled face. Leave it for 20 minutes, before rinsing off with warm water.
- Rubbing the core of a pineapple on the wrinkled area also comprises of an effective home remedy. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes, before washing it off with warm water.
- Another helpful home remedy would be to apply the juice of green pineapples and apples on the face, everyday, for about 10 to 15 minutes. Apart from removing the wrinkles, it also helps in healing cracked skin.
- Applying lemon juice several times a day is likely to be effective in getting rid of the wrinkles.
- In 2 cups of water, add half cup of rosemary leaves and simmer for half an hour. To this, add half cup of brandy and leave on flame for 10-15 minutes. Let the mixture cool down, strain it and store. Use it to wipe the face twice every day.
- Another effective way to treat wrinkles would be to have a tbsp of shredded ginger with honey, as it will provide the skin with a healthy glow.
- Put a metal spoon in the freezer overnight. In the morning, keep the back of the spoons on the eyes. Apart from curing the eye wrinkles, it will help in removing dark circles.
- In a bowl, mix 2 tbsp vodka, 1 tbsp fennel seeds and 2 tsp honey. Leave the mixture for three days. Thereafter, use it as a toner.
- Massage the wrinkled area with castor oil. This would be helpful in removing the wrinkles.