Here is a basic beginners quiz, with multiple-choice questions, lets see how much you know about Akshaya Tritiya…
Akshaya Tritiya bears many religious specialties:
- It is the birthday of Lord Parasurama of the Dasa Avatars of Lord Vishnu.
- It is the starting day of the Treta Yuga after Satya Yuga. Thus, it is considered as the Ugadi thithi for Treta Yuga.
- It is the day when Sudhama (kuchela) offered aval to Lord Krishna and got a bounty of wealth through the grace of Krishna.
- The same day, Pandavas received Akshaya pathra (bowl) from Lord Krishna and thus were able to get unlimited food during their exile.
- The day has the credit of Veda Vyasa starting the great Mahabharata with Lord Vinayak writing it.
- It is the day Ganges came down upon the earth from heaven.
- In fact, Akshaya Tritiya is considered very propitious for offering dhanams of goods like umbrella, sandals, hand fans, food etc.
- Annadhanam on this day brings bounteous religious benefits to the donor.
- It is good to feed cow and calf – a charity that relieves one of his sin and dhosham.
- Pithru tarpanam on Akshaya Tritiya helps one seek the ancestors’ blessings to a great extent.
- Fasting, doing japa on Akshaya Tritiya are considered sacred as it gains passport to the other world for a devotee.
- Bathing in holy river is considered auspicious and donating rice, wheat, salt, ghee, vegetables, fruits, clothes and tamarind adds to the religious merits of a devotee.