When Guru Nanak was a child he refused the upanayana (holy thread) to initiate him into the Hindu religion. Later in his life he married Mata Sulakhani with whom he had two sons. They were called Sri Chand and Lakshmi Das. According to the Sikh religion, one day he was bathing in the river and god took him up to heaven. His family members were very worried as they had thought he died. After three days he returned with the message of god. He gave up his job to spread the message on how to be a good person.
He died in Kartarpur.
Searching: Guru Nanak Dev Ji
my soul’s forgotten, its voice unheard.
The sun and moon no longer brightly shine,
the stars distant, live isolated and lost.
The world, my friends, my family and I
search for answers to enlighten our lives.
Tempted by society, disillusioned am I
The Truth my curse, brings my ego pain.
The guilt, the knowledge of my many sins
I fear, leave forgotten, reality don’t face.
I hide in darkness, shattered life I live.
The Truth can’t face, too difficult it is.
When will I answer the call of my soul?
The Truth, my support, my livelihood.
Oh Nanak, Jas begs, enlightenment I seek
ferry me across this ocean drowning me.
Give me the Truth, my mind wash clean
bathe heart in love, my soul please free.
Oh Nanak, Jas begs the key to unlock maya’ chains
your shabad, mind enlightens, soul freedom attains.
~ “Searching: Guru Nanak Dev Ji” by Anonymous
- Dear Guru Nanak: English Poetry
- Sikhism Facebook Covers, Gurpurab FB Photos
- Gurpurab Greetings: Sikh Gurus E-Cards
- Guru Nanak Dev Ji Biography
- Guru Nanak Jayanti Date
- Guru Nanak Jayanti Greetings
- Guru Nanak Jayanti Gift Ideas
- Guru Nanak Jayanti Information
- Guru Nanak Jayanti Quotes
- Guru Nanak Jayanti Recipes
- Guru Nanak Jayanti Significance & Importance
- Guru Nanak Jayanti Celebrations
- Legends Of Guru Nanak Jayanti
- Love Never Dies: Guru Nanak Devotional Poetry
- Why is Guru Nanak so important to Sikhs?
- Searching: Guru Nanak Dev Ji Poetry
- गुरु नानक देव जी के अनमोल विचार
- Guru Nanak Dev Essay
- गुरु नानक देव जी पर निबंध
- Indian Sikh pilgrims arrive in Pakistan to celebrate Guru Nanak Dev jayanti