is an auspicious day, when people share all the good things in their lives, with their families and friends. They arrange Thanksgiving feasts
and dinners and invite their friends and neighbors to partake in whatever they can offer to them. Houses are decorated, streets are lined with colorful lights and people get busy preparing mouth-watering delicacies, like roasted turkeys, tarts, rolls, cornbread, cookies, pecan pies and puddings. One thing that should always be kept in mind while attending a Thanksgiving meal
is that you should carry a gift for the hosts. This is not only considered as etiquette, but the practice has emerged almost like a custom. There are a variety of gifts to choose from. However, the final choice depends on certain factors, like the budget of the giver, color and theme of the party, the taste of the hosts, size of Thanksgiving celebrations and event you have been invited to. Thanksgiving gift is just a way to express your thanks and gratefulness for the hosts to honor you with their invitation. The hosts, on the other hand, mostly distribute favors after their parties. Here are some Thanksgiving gift ideas for you, whether you are a guest or a host.
Thanksgiving Gift Ideas
- Artificial turkey centerpieces and decorative accessories are good choices as gifts on Thanksgiving Day.
- Candles and candle holders are excellent gift items for Thanksgiving Day and can be lit on the tables during the dinner too. They can be colorful, fragrant and molded as Thanksgiving motifs, such as gourds and small pumpkins, or Thanksgiving figurines, such as turkeys and pilgrims.
- Children will love stuffed soft toys, such as teddy bears, monkeys or birds, as their Thanksgiving gift.
- Another great idea is fresh flower arrangements, bouquets, artificial flowers in a vase or floral baskets. They will make good Thanksgiving gifts for your hosts, either to adorn their window-sills or as table centerpieces.
- Fresh fruit baskets are appropriate gifts for Thanksgiving and signify abundance and prosperity.
- If your hosts love music, Audio CDs will be good gifts for them. You may give The Charlie Brown Thanksgiving video and CDs of hymns and songs that express thankfulness to the Almighty.
- To people who have a sweet tooth, you can consider giving chocolates. They come in all sorts of shapes, such as pilgrims’ hats and turkeys.
- Red, white or all-purpose wine bottles make excellent Thanksgiving gifts, for almost every type of host/ guest.
- Thanksgiving books, such as cookbooks with turkey and traditional recipes, children’s books and storybooks, can also be given as presents on Thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving gift baskets with assorted items, such as popcorn, candies, cookies, turkey ornaments and apples, are inexpensive, but look thoughtful.
- You may also present puzzles and games as gifts to children on Thanksgiving Day.