Chlorophytum Borivillianum (Safed Musli, Gaichira) — Family Name: Liliaceae
Botanical Name: Chlorophytum Borivilianum
Common Name: Safed Musli
Other Names: Shaqaqule, Dholi Musli, Khiruva, Shedheveli, Swetha Musli, Taniravi Thang
Part Used: Seeds and roots
Habitat: Northern and Western India.
Safed Musli, one of the finest Indian herbs, is a traditional medicinal plant. Its tuberous roots are used to prepare herbal products and ayurvedic medicines, especially a nutritive tonic used for curing general sexual weakness. It is a rich source of over 25 alkaloids, vita mins, minerals, proteins, carbohydrates, steroid and polysaccharides. The demand of safed musli is not only in India but all over world which has made it famous by such names as “Indian Viagra”, “Roots of gold”, “Herbal Viagra”, “The wonder crop” etc.
Uses: The wonder herb safed musli has many therapeutic uses:
- Safed Musli has anti-ageing properties. It rejuvenates the “whole” body and mind without any side effects.
- It can be called the best friend of men’s health.It is a powerful aphrodisiac agent for them and is used for curing male reproductive system disorders like impotence, low sperm count and premature ejaculation etc.
- The dried tubers of Safed Musali are used for pre-natal and post-natal illness. Its powder increases lactation in feeding mothers and lactating cows.
- It cures physical weakness.
- It improves immunity.
- It is also used as a herbal remedy for diabetes and arthritis.