Kalakand – How To Make Kalakand: Janmashtami Recipes
Kalakand is an extremely scrumptious sweet dish, prepared from milk. With this recipe, know how to make kalakand.
- 2 liters Milk
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Sugar
- Chopped Nuts, to decorate (pistachios, almonds, etc)
- Silver Foil (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Citric acid, dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- Boil half the milk and add the citric solution as it comes to boil.
- Switch off gas. Once the chenna settles sieve through muslin cloth, press out excess water, take in a plate and press down. Do not knead.
- Put the remaining milk in a heavy pan and boil to half.
- Add the chenna and boil till the mixture thickens, stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar and continue to cook, stirring all the while till softly thickens in a lump.
- Set in a tray, apply silver foil and sprinkle the chopped nuts.