Bihu looks incomplete without adorning your house with proper decorations and craft items. Here are a few ideas on Bihu crafts to adorn your house with.
Bihu Craft Ideas
Colorful Molding Clay, Vegetable oil, Corn oil, Wick, Craft paints
- Make a small oval shaped bowl by molding the clay.
- Press the clay at one side by a rounded object to form a lip.
- Use a pencil or a skewer to press it.
- Dry it to make it hard.
- Paint it when it is dry. Use various colors that you feel are suitable with the festive moods of Bihu.
- Dry the paint.
- Place the wick right at the centre of the lamp (Diya).
- Cut the wick according to your choice.
- Light the wick after filling the Diya with oil.
Sparkler for Bihu: Bihu Crafts
Empty toiler paper roll, Red construction paper, Wick, Tape, Glue
- Use the red construction paper to cover the toilet paper.
- Measure the diameter of the roll.
- Cut two circles larger than the diameter of the roll.
- Create a hole in one circle.
- Make a 5 inches long cord.
- Put the cord into the hole to pull it about an inch.
- Use a tape to add the one inch long cord or yarn with the construction paper.
- Stick the circle of paper at one end of the toilet paper roll.
- Leave the longer end of the wick outside.
- Crease over the parts of the circle that are sticking out.
- Glue the edges of the toilet paper roll.
- Connect the other circle of the paper at the other end but with no yarn or cord.
Candy Bihu Bouquet: Bihu Crafts
5 Silk Rose Buds, a bunch of Pearly, 2 Thin Gauge wires, 1 Thick Gauge wire, 9 Lollipops, Silk Leaves, Green or White stem tape, Ribbon
- Trim the lollipop stick below the wrapper.
- Later, tape will be used to attach the sticks like flowers (Lollipops should be able to move around).
- Clean and trim rose bud stems.
- Tape them.
- Put a twist in the wire around the stick to wire the lollipops.
- Repeat the process to make sure that the wire is not loose.
- Pearly will help you to soften the bouquet. Make it more flowery.
- Tape and wire the pearly. The wire should be positioned alongside the white piece of the pearly stand and then stem tape in place.
Bihu Candle: Bihu Crafts
Peppermint Pattie, Lifesavers, Small plastic flower, Bow, Other candies, Ribbon, Cellophane tape, Glue
- Use peppermint Pattie for the base.
- Wrap it in a foil.
- Use tape.
- Paste a bow at the top of the peppermint Pattie by glue.
- Centre loop of the bow should be cut.
- Take the outer wrapping off the Lifesavers roll.
- The foil wrap should stay in its actual place.
- The small plastic flower should be attached at the end of the lifesaver roll.
- It will create a candle.
- Other types of candies can also be used.
- Tape the base of the candle into the bow where from the centre loop was detached.
- Use ribbon and stickers to decorate the Bihu candle.
Straw broom- 12 inches, Straw hat- 6 inches, Ruffle lace trim- 6 yards, Clothespins, Hot Glue Gun, Scissors, Brown cardboard (Lightweight), Silk flowers, Ribbon
- Use your hand to half fold the straw hat.
- Put some weight on the straw hat as it takes proper shape.
- Use glue along the inner brim of the hat and use clothespins to clamp it.
- Dry it.
- Start to apply ruffle at the bottom and repeat this way up. Overlap the trim slightly each time to cover the straw hat. It will look almost like a girl’s skirt.
- Use glue to the trim when you are wrapping it around.
- Keep working the same way until the entire broom is covered.
- Measure 8 inch diameter circle on the brown cardboard.
- Fold the half circle once again but don’t push or cease it too hard.
- Use the tape at the edges to hold them together.
- Start wrapping the ruffle lace around the cardboard. Begin it at the outer edge and continue it (as it was done previously).
- Again glue a ruffle along the brim of the hat.
- Decorate the hat with artificial flowers and ribbon.
- Glue (hot) the handle at the back of the broom skirt.
- Use lot of hot glue to attach the hat with the handle.
- You can add a hanger to hang it and decorate your wall during Bihu.