Psoriasis — A chronic skin disease, psoriasis is basically of five types – plague psoriasis, guttate psoriasis, pustular psoriasis, inverse psoriasis and erythrodermic psoriasis. It is characterized by thick, red, silvery, scaled patches on the skin. Also known as inflammatory skin condition, it is seen in both men and women and usually appears in the age of 15-30 years. Heredity factor, abnormality in the metabolism of amino acids and proteins, seasonal changes, injury to the skin and skin infections are some of the causes of psoriasis. The ailment can be cured at home also, using the natural ways. In the following lines, we provide some home remedies for curing psoriasis.
Home Remedy For Psoriasis
- Simmer 25 grams each of dried burdock seed and chamomile flowers in 600 ml of water, for about 15 minutes. Strain the mixture through a clean cloth, sweeten it with honey and store it in a refrigerator. Have 3 tablespoons of the decoction, 3 to 4 times a day, on a regular basis.
- In a small cup of olive oil, put 2 drops of calendula oil and 1 drop of oregano oil. Rub it on the affected area.
- In 4 cups of water, boil 4 marigold heads, for about 2 minutes. Once cooled, massage the lotion into your scalp. Then, wash the hair with a mild shampoo. Add lemon juice or cider vinegar to the rinsing water to ensure a thorough rinse.
- Mix a cup of freshly prepared bitter gourd juice with a tsp of limejuice. Drink this mixture every day, on an empty stomach, for 4 to 5 days.
- Mud packs are effective in treating psoriasis. Take powdered Fuller’s earth and add enough water to form a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area, let it dry and rinse off. It will help remove toxins from your skin.
- Mix Aloe Vera gel and garlic oil in equal proportions. Apply on the affected area. This is a good natural remedy for psoriasis.
- Seawater is beneficial in curing psoriasis. Regular seawater baths as well as application of seawater over the affected parts is one of the best ways of treating psoriasis.
- Wash the affected area to ensure that it is clean. Next, apply cashew nut oil on it and keep it overnight. Wash off in the morning.
- Cabbage leaves act favorably in treating psoriasis. Remove the thick veins of the leaves and wash them thoroughly. Apply on the affected area.
- Hot Epsom salt bath is used to treat psoriasis. Apply olive oil after the Epsom salt bath. It will prove beneficial in curing psoriasis.