Nausea — Nausea can be described as a sensation of unease and discomfort in the stomach, with an urge to vomit. It is not a sickness in itself, rather a symptom, which might be experienced in case of numerous diseases or disorders. Nausea can be seen in case of indigestion, morning sickness, motion and sea sickness, stress, chemotherapy, consumption of drugs and alcohol, overeating, food intolerance and different illnesses. The main symptoms of the nauseating feeling are an urge to puke, stomach pain, dizziness and sweating. The condition is not very grave and can be treated at home only. In the following lines, we provide some of the natural remedies for curing nausea.
Home Remedy For Nausea
- The best way to treat nausea, at home, would be to have a cup of ginger tea.
- Mix 1 tbsp each of apple cider vinegar and honey in a glass of cold water. Have this mixture when you feel nauseous.
- In 2 cups of water, boil ½ cup of rice for about 10minutes. Once cooked, strain the rice water and have it when warm.
- Mix a few tsp of wheat germ in warm milk. Have this mixture every one hour. This is helpful in treating nausea.
- Consuming 1/2 tsp grounded cumin seed, along with water, is beneficial in treating nausea.
- Having fiber rich food proves to be helpful when a person is suffering from nausea. Some of the foods rich in fiber are banana, rice, apple sauce and brown bread.
- It is advisable to have a healthy diet. Include fruits and vegetables in your diet and exclude oily, spicy as well as fried foods.
- Have peppermint or chamomile tea. This would be helpful in treating the nauseating feeling.
- Put ½ tsp baking soda in a glass of lukewarm water and consume it. However, avoid it during pregnancy.
- Sip a glass of water that has a fresh lime squeezed in it. You can also add a pinch of salt to it.