Jaundice (Ayurvedic Name – Kamla) — Jaundice is the term that refers to the state in which appearance of the skin, sclera and mucus membrane is yellow due to the increased concentration of billrubin in body fluids. Jaundice is detectable clinically by liver functioning test.
In Ayurveda jaundice is known as kamla .The increased pit dosha is responsible for this disease. Increased pitta first affects the liver (yakrit) functioning after imbalanced dietary habits and this gives yellow coloration to skin, sclera & mucus membrane of mouth. In kamla patient passes dark urine and pale colored stools if a person suffers from anemia and takes un-hygienic diet in large quantities and food which is not easy to digest. It affects the digestion process and increases pitta creating this disease.
- Kutki (Picrorhiza) powder – 1gm with Luke water twice a day
- Juice of Radish three to four times a day
- Aloe Vera (Ghrit kumari) juice – 15ml trice a day
- Juice of Spinach (Palak)
- Juice of Bitter Gourd (Karela) twice a day on an empty stomach is the best remedy for jaundice as well as in so many other illnesses
- Juice of Sugarcane
- Trifla (Harad-Chebulic Myroblan, Bahera-Belleric Myroblan, Amla-Emblica Officinalis), Giloy (Tinospora Cordifolia), juice of Neem (Margosa) leaf with honey
- Navayas churn
- Vidanadi lauh
- Kamlantak lauh
- Panchaamrit lauh mandoor
- Amlakya avleh