Diarrhea — Commonly known as loose motions, diarrhea is the frequent passage of unformed watery loose stools. Diarrhea can be a mild one, acute or chronic. People of any age can be struck with diarrhea. It is a condition where the water is either not absorbed properly or there is excess of water secreted by the organs. The most common symptoms for diarrhea are loose stools, vomiting, stomach pain, thirst, fever, nausea and dehydration. If diarrhea occurs for longer period it can result in general weakness due to loss of various vitamins from the body. Overeating, incomplete digestion of the food, viral or bacterial infection, bowel disorder, food allergies are some of the causes for diarrhea. The most effective way to get rid of diarrhea would be to refer to the natural ways. Read onto to know some home remedies for curing diarrhea.
Home Remedy For Diarrhea
- A simple and effective remedy for treating diarrhea would be to take banana along with curd.
- Take ½ tsp lemon juice, ½ tsp ginger juice and 1/4 tsp pepper powder. Intake this mixture twice a day.
- Boil to 2 cups of water and allow it to get warm. Mix 3 tsp of black pepper and 1 ½ tsp of kelp to it. Drink this mixture to cure diarrhea.
- Ginger is also effective in treating diarrhea. Intake ginger tea to stop the cramps and pain.
- Drinking lots of fluids would be beneficial in curing diarrhea. . Drinks like ginger ale or carrot juice is good for making the stools less watery. Avoid taking caffeine and alcohol.
- Cook brown rice in water for about 45 minutes. Once cooked, strain the mixture. Have the rice and drink the water in which the rice has been cooked.
- In half cup of boiling water, mix 1 tsp of ginger juice. Drink this mixture when hot after every hour.
- Prepare a paste of lemon along with seeds and add a pinch of salt to it. A tsp of this paste 2-3 times in a day.
- Take 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water with each meal. This is an effective way to cure diarrhea.
- Intake of mango nut powder with water cures diarrhea.
- Take 1/2 tsp of fenugreek seeds and add 1/2 tsp of roasted cumin seeds. Add 4 tsp of yogurt (curd) to it. Have this mixture three times a day.
- Add 4 tablespoons of honey to 8 ounces of water. Have this mixture as it is helpful in treating diarrhea.
- Take fennel and white cumin seeds in equal amounts. Roast this mixture and take this in a dose of 3 grams with water. Have this in a span of three hours.
- Take 200 grams of buttermilk with roasted cumin seeds and half gram of black salt. Drink this mixture to treat diarrhea.
- Drinking starchy liquids such as arrowroot water, barley water, rice gruel and coconut water are highly beneficial in treating diarrhea.
- Take a glass of milk and boil it for 10 minutes. Discard the skin that forms on the milk. Add hot chocolate and drink this.
- Take a cup of cold milk and blend handful of chopped red radishes and ½ tsp of cornstarch. It is a natural way to treat diarrhea.
- Powder 10 grams of dry fruit of Indian gooseberry and 5 grams of black Chebulic myrobalan. Have 1 gram of this mixture two times a day.