Like father’s day and mother’s day, parent’s day is celebrated to honor parents and thank them for all their sacrifices they have made and the love they have showered us with. The day was first observed by US President Bill Clinton to show due respect to parents for upbringing their children and to honor them for the things they do throughout their lives to provide their children with a level and comfortable life. ‘International Parents Day’ is celebrated on every fourth Sunday of July each year. This gives children the perfect occasion to let their parents know how much they are loved and cherished. There are many things children can do to surprise their parents on this special day. If you too want to thank your parents for their support and love, then why not awe them with a cute gift or wish them with a bouquet of flowers and a handmade card. Arranging a day out or a picnic is also fantastic idea to celebrate this day. If you have a tight budget and still wish to convey your message to your parents, then what can be more impressive and expressive than writing a speech for them? Prepare a speech with touching words and mesmerize your parents. Did you like the idea, but are not sure how to go about it? If your answer is a yes, then here are some tips to your aid. Glance through the tips and prepare an amazing speech for your parents this parent’s day.
How To write Parents Day Speech
- Brainstorm all the things that you want to tell your parents and list them down.
- Think of some memorable moments and fond memories you had with your parents. You can refer to such moments in your speech.
- List all the adjectives that you want to use to describe your parents.
- Parent’s day is the perfect occasion to let your parents know about your feelings for them. So, feel free to say whatever comes to your mind. Nevertheless, be selective in your choice of words.
- Talk about your childhood activities that will bring back some good memories that your parents will cherish.
- Your goal should be to make your parents feel proud for whatever they have done in your upbringing. So, talk about precious moments that you shared with your parents.
- Proper presentation of a speech is as important as writing the speech. To make your speech a success, practice delivering the speech in front of friends. Don’t forget to ask for their feedback.
- To make your speech more touching, you can consider including meaningful parent’s day quotations or poems. Alternatively, you can also write your own poem if you are creative enough.
- Keep it short and sweet. Don’t forget to thank your parents for their love, affection, care, and support. Convey your heartfelt thanks for being at your side through ups and downs in life.
An emotional parent’s day speech is surely going to convey your message to your parents and they will be thrilled with joy.