Discoloration of Teeth — Discoloration of teeth has become a common problem now-a-days. It affects one and all, be it men, women or children. A person requires lots of precautionary measures to retain the shinning white color of his/her teeth. Smoking, chewing of tobacco, chemotherapy, excessive fluoride use, bad eating and drinking habits, improper and irregular brushing of the teeth and diseases are some of the common causes of teeth discoloration. Its symptoms include sticky tar deposits, bad breath, tooth decay, brown tooth stains and inflammation of the roof of the mouth. Sometimes, strong medicines and genetic problems also cause teeth discoloration. It can, however, be treated at home using the natural treatments. In the following lines, we have provided some of the effective home remedies for removing teeth discoloration.
Home Remedy For Teeth Discoloration
- Baking soda is a very good whitening agent. You can prepare toothpaste with baking soda, lime and salt, adding a few drops of lime as well. Use it to clean your teeth on a daily basis.
- A number of fruits have bleaching properties and can help remove teeth discoloration. Include fruits like strawberries, lemon and oranges in your diet.
- Mouthwash proves beneficial in removing teeth discoloration. After having meals, make sure to rinse your mouth with a mouthwash. It does not let the stains accumulate.
- Include lots of vegetables, like cucumbers, broccoli, carrots and sweet potatoes, in your diet. They help dissolve the molecules that cause deep stains.
- You should brush the teeth regularly, at least two times in a day, to avoid discoloration of teeth.
- Rubbing the teeth with salt has been found to be effective in treating discoloration of teeth.
- After brushing your teeth, use a floss to clean the inner parts. This would help remove the food particles stuck therein, thereby curing teeth discoloration.
- Chewing sugarless gum right after meals is effective in treating discoloration of teeth.
- Avoid foods and beverages that leave a stain on the teeth. They would add to the discoloration problem.