New Year Quotes For Students: The yellow leaves, bare trees, morning chill, all signify just one thing now – New Year is on its way again! Soon, the air will be filled with greetings of “Happy New Year” all around the world. New Year is a widely celebrated holiday around the world. People, young and old, look forward to this occasion with equal anticipation, eagerness and excitement. It is one of the oldest celebrated holidays in the world and people celebrate this day in the grandest of ways, splurging on shopping and food royally. The day is marked with a shining optimism for the rest of the year.
New Year Quotes & One Liners
New Year Quotes For Students
- New year, same goal. ~ Joe King
- New Year’s Day is every man’s birthday. ~ Charles Lamb
- It wouldn’t be New Year’s if I didn’t have regrets. ~ William Thomas
- The new year begins in a snow-storm of white vows. ~ George William Curtis
- Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right. ~ Oprah Winfrey
- Many people look forward to the New Year for a new start on old habits.
- A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.
- Never tell your resolution beforehand, or it’s twice as onerous a duty. ~ John Selden
- The merry year is born, Like the bright berry from the naked thorn. ~ Hartley Coleridge
- Each age has deemed the new-born year. The fittest time for festal cheer. ~ Sir Walter Scott
- For last year’s words belong to last year’s language and next year’s words await another voice. ~ T.S. Eliot
- A new year is unfolding – like a blossom with petals curled tightly concealing the beauty within.
- New Year’s Eve, where auld acquaintance be forgot. Unless, of course, those tests come back positive. ~ Jay Leno
- Youth is when you’re allowed to stay up late on New Year’s Eve. Middle age is when you’re forced to. ~ Bill Vaughn
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. ~ G. K. Chesterton
- An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. ~ Bill Vaughn
- Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. ~ Benjamin Franklin
- New Year’s Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time. ~ James Agate
- Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go. ~ Brooks Atkinson
- Ring out the old, ring in the new, Ring, happy bells, across the snow: The year is going, let him go; Ring out the false, ring in the true. ~ Alfred, Lord Tennyson
- ‘Another fresh new year is here . . .
Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear,
To love and laugh and give!This bright new year is given me
To live each day with zest . . .
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!I have the opportunity
Once more to right some wrongs,
To pray for peace, to plant a tree,
And sing more joyful songs!’ ~ William Arthur Ward
- Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us. ~ Hal Borland