Popular New Year Quotes & One Liners
New Year Quotes For Students and Children
- New year, same goal. ~ Joe King
- New Year’s Day is every man’s birthday. ~ Charles Lamb
- It wouldn’t be New Year’s if I didn’t have regrets. ~ William Thomas
- The new year begins in a snow-storm of white vows. ~ George William Curtis
- Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right. ~ Oprah Winfrey
- Many people look forward to the New Year for a new start on old habits.
- A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.
- Never tell your resolution beforehand, or it’s twice as onerous a duty. ~ John Selden
- The merry year is born, Like the bright berry from the naked thorn. ~ Hartley Coleridge
- Each age has deemed the new-born year. The fittest time for festal cheer. ~ Sir Walter Scott
- For last year’s words belong to last year’s language and next year’s words await another voice. ~ T.S. Eliot
- A new year is unfolding – like a blossom with petals curled tightly concealing the beauty within.
- New Year’s Eve, where auld acquaintance be forgot. Unless, of course, those tests come back positive. ~ Jay Leno
- Youth is when you’re allowed to stay up late on New Year’s Eve. Middle age is when you’re forced to. ~ Bill Vaughn
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. ~ G. K. Chesterton
- An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. ~ Bill Vaughn
- Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. ~ Benjamin Franklin
- New Year’s Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time. ~ James Agate
- Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go. ~ Brooks Atkinson
- Ring out the old, ring in the new, Ring, happy bells, across the snow: The year is going, let him go; Ring out the false, ring in the true. ~ Alfred, Lord Tennyson
- ‘Another fresh new year is here . . .
Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear,
To love and laugh and give!This bright new year is given me
To live each day with zest . . .
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!I have the opportunity
Once more to right some wrongs,
To pray for peace, to plant a tree,
And sing more joyful songs!’ ~ William Arthur Ward
- Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us. ~ Hal Borland