Happy New Year’s Day – Important Facts
- It is considered that New Year celebration dates back to 2000 B.C. and it originated in Mesopotamia.
- In ancient times New Year was celebrated on 1st of March.
- The Romans adopted January 1 as the New Year celebration day which is in similarity with the Gregorian calendar.
- Jewish call it Rosh Hashanah and they eat honey and apple on this day as a part of their tradition.
- In China New Year is celebrated with the end of the winter solstice on the second full Moon.
“A New Year With You” Poem by Joanna Fuchs
I’m so grateful for a new year
to spend with you,
my most special one,
my cherished and treasured love,
who has gifted me with happiness and joy,
adventure and excitement,
comfort and peace.
As I look ahead, I see each day with you
filled with warmth and affection,
a deeper, more fulfilling love,
than I could have imagined
in my fondest, most perfect dreams.
A new year with you
is the most valuable, most precious treasure
I could ever have.
Happy New Year Sweetheart!