Lohri Facebook Covers: Bonfire, Harvest Festival Cover Photos: Lohri is a festival connected with the solar year. Generally, it is an accepted fact that this festival is celebrated to worship fire. This is particularly a happy occasion for the couples, who would be celebrating Lohri for the first time after marriage and also for the family who are blessed with a son as he would be celebrating his first ever Lohri. Celebrated enthusiastically in Haryana, Punjab, Delhi and parts of Himachal Pradesh, it signifies the beginning of the end of winter.
We has good collection of Lohri covers for Facebook timeline Profile. These photos are updated very often. So right-click the images you find appropriate for your Facebook Profile. Save it on to your computer desktop or Smartphone photo gallery. Later upload it to your Facebook profile.
Lohri Facebook Covers:
Lohri Facebook Covers For Students And Children
- Lohri is primarily the harvest festival of the Punjabi.
- This festival denotes the harvesting of the Rabi crops and hence all the farmers get together in order to thank god for giving them such a wonderful harvest.
- The rituals related to Lohri symbolize the attachment of the people with Mother Nature. A few days before the festival, youngsters get together in groups and go round their localities singing folk songs.
- Doing this they also collect firewood and money for the bonfire that is scheduled on the night of Lohri. On the special day, offerings of phulley (popcorn), moongphali (peanuts) and rewri (a sweet delicacy made out of jaggery and sesame seed) are offered to the fire
- The men and women go round the fire and bow before it in reverence. Lohri holds special importance when there is a special occasion in the family like marriage or childbirth.