In this article, we have provided some home remedies for treating malaria.
Doctors divide malaria symptoms into two categories: Uncomplicated and severe malaria.
A doctor would give this diagnosis when symptoms are present, but no symptoms occur that suggest severe infection or dysfunction of the vital organs.
This form can become severe malaria without treatment, or if the host has poor or no immunity.
Symptoms of uncomplicated malaria typically last 6 to 10 hours and recur every second day.
Some strains of the parasite can have a longer cycle or cause mixed symptoms.
As symptoms resemble those of flu, they may remain undiagnosed or misdiagnosed in areas where malaria is less common.
In uncomplicated malaria, symptoms progress as follows, through cold, hot, and sweating stages:
- A sensation of cold with shivering
- Fever, headaches, and vomiting
- Seizures sometimes occur in younger people with the disease
- Sweats, followed by a return to normal temperature, with tiredness
In areas where malaria is common, many people recognize the symptoms as malaria and treat themselves without visiting a doctor.
In severe malaria, clinical or laboratory evidence shows signs of vital organ dysfunction.
Symptoms of severe malaria include:
- Fever and chills
- Impaired consciousness
- Prostration, or adopting a prone position
- Multiple convulsions
- Deep breathing and respiratory distress
- Abnormal bleeding and signs of anemia
- Clinical jaundice and evidence of vital organ dysfunction
Severe malaria can be fatal without treatment.
Ayurvedic Home Remedy
- In a glass of water, add a tsp of cinnamon powder, a tsp of honey and a dash of pepper powder. Boil this concoction and have it after it cools down a bit. This is beneficial in treating malaria.
- Dhatura, an Indian herb, is beneficial in treating malaria. Take two and a half freshly sprouted leaves of Dhatura and rub them with jaggery. Convert this mixture into a pill and have it on a daily basis.
- In 60ml of water, dissolve 3 gram of lime and the juice of 1 lemon. Start consuming this, once in a day, right from the time of the onset of fever.
- Roast alum over a hot plate and then powder it. Take a tsp of it when you still have fever. It is a useful remedy for curing malaria.
- Holy basil leaves proves beneficial in treating malaria. You can consume the leaves raw or make a decoction of them and then drink it.
- If the malaria is in the initial stages, an orange juice and water diet can help treat it.
- For the fever in malaria, applying a cold pack on the forehead proves to be beneficial.
- In 250 ml of water, add 15 gm Chirayita herb, along with some cloves or cinnamon. Have 15 – 30 ml of this solution once in a day, for 15 – 25 days.
- In a glass of water, put a small piece of ginger and 2-3 teaspoon raisins. Boil this decoction until it gets reduced to half its quantity. Cool down the decoction and consume.
- Avoid junk food, packed food as well as spicy and oily food. It would work to your detriment.