Recipe of Sheer Khurma
- 1 packet Vermicelli
- 1 gallon Whole Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 20 cloves Whole Cardamom Pods
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1 cup Almond, Cashews and Pistachios, slivered
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cream
- 1/2 tsp Saffron Strands
- 3 tbsp Charoli Nuts
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Raisins
- 1/2 tsp Rose Water
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Fry the vermicelli in the butter, until well browned, but not burnt. By the time it gets cooked, all the butter will get dried.
- Add in 1/4 cup sugar and mix well. Cook for a few seconds and then add in the whole milk, cup by cup, stirring constantly. Bring it to a boil.
- Now, add raisins, whole cardamom, and 1/2 cup almonds, cashews and pistachios, along with the remaining sugar.
- Reduce the heat and thicken the sheer korma to three-strand consistency, letting the milk boil until it is halved.
- The vermicelli must be very soft by now. Quickly add in the rose water, charoli and fresh cream and let it simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the saffron strands and powdered cardamom, and serve immediately
Note: The dish remains fresh for up to one week, if kept in the fridge.