Subhash Chandra Bose Quotes For Students And Children: Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
was a Indian nationalist and leader of an independence movement during the 1930’s and 40’s. In order to fight against British imperialism in India
, he sought the support of Germany and Japan
during World War II to gain enough footing to establish a provisional Indian government and army. Though he led this army called the “Azad Hind” with unmatched fervor, his attempts ultimately failed. While Bose’s rebellion against Britain
was unsuccessful, he aroused a feeling of national pride among the people and paved the way for future movements towards independence in India.
Subhash Chandra Bose Quotes For Students And Children
- One individual may die for an idea; but that idea will, after his death, incarnate itself in a thousand lives. That is how the wheel of evolution moves on and the ideas and dreams of one nation are bequeathed to the next.
- Reality is, after all, too big for our frail understanding to fully comprehend. Nevertheless, we have to build our life on the theory, which contains the maximum truth. We cannot sit still because we cannot, or do not, know the Absolute Truth.
- Freedom is not given, it is taken.
- I have no doubt in my mind that our chief national problems relating to the eradication of poverty, illiteracy and disease and the scientific production and distribution can be tackled only along socialistic lines.
- When we stand, the Azad Hind Fauj has to be like a wall of granite; when we march, the Azad Hind Fauj has to be like a steamroller.
- For the present, I can offer you nothing except hunger, thirst, privation, forced marches and death. But if you follow me in life and in death, as I am confident you will, I shall lead you to victory and freedom. It does not matter who among us will live to see India free. It is enough that India shall be free and that we shall give our all to make her free.
- Nationalism is inspired by the highest ideals of the human race, satyam [the truth], shivam [the God], sundaram [the beautiful].
- We should have but one desire today, the desire to die so that India may live, the desire to face a martyr’s death, so that the path to freedom may be paved with the martyr’s blood.
- Remember that the greatest crime is to compromise with injustice and wrong.
- A true soldier needs both military and spiritual training.
- Gird up your loins for the task that now lies ahead. I had asked you for men, money and materials. I have got them in generous measure. Now I demand more of you. Men, money and materials cannot by themselves bring victory or freedom. We must have the motive-power that will inspire us to brave deeds and heroic exploits.
- No real change in history has ever been achieved by discussions.
- For an enslaved people, there can be no greater pride, no higher honour, than to be the first soldier in the army of liberation.
- As soldiers, you will always have to cherish and live up to the three ideals of faithfulness, duty and sacrifice. Soldiers who always remain faithful to their nation, who are always prepared to sacrifice their lives, are invincible. If you, too, want to be invincible, engrave these three ideals in the innermost core of your hearts.
- You give me your blood and I will give you Independence!