Balti Gosht: Bakra Eid Recipes
Balti Gosht Recipe – How To Make Balti Gosht
Balti gosht or pot roasted meat is cooked and served in a karahi. Go through the article, to learn the recipe for how to make balti gosht.
Bakra Eid marks the tradition of sacrificing a domestic animal to commemorate the sacrifice of Prophet Ibrahim, who, unhesitatingly, agreed to sacrifice his son at the order of Allah. As this event coincides with the last day of Hajj pilgrimage undertaken in Mecca, the festival of Bakra Eid or Eid ul-Zuha is celebrated with immense joy, pleasure, enthusiasm and magnificence. Muslims across the world indulge in offering prayers, exchanging greetings, family gatherings and preparing various dishes on this day. Delicious, mouth-watering and succulent, balti gosht or pot roasted meat, undoubtedly, makes one of the most popular choices for main course dish on Bakra Eid. It is cooked and served in a balti or karahi. Find the recipes for cooking balti gosht in the following lines.
How To Make Balti Gosht
Recipe 1 (Bakra Eid Recipes)
- 1½ fillet Steak (cut into thick strips)
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 Onion (cut into thick wedges)
- 1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
- 1 inch piece of Ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 Red Chili (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Curry Paste
- ½ tsp Salt
- Chop the red and green peppers into 1 inch chunks.
- Place a nonstick frying pan on fire and heat oil.
- Add cumin and fennel seeds. Stir fry for 2 minutes till they start spluttering.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and red chili. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add curry paste and salt. Sauté for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chopped peppers and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the beef strips and stir fry for 10 to 12 minutes till the meat turns tender.
- Serve hot with warm naan.
Recipe 2 (Bakra Eid Recipes)
- 1 kg Mutton (cut into 1½ inch pieces)
- 1 tsp whole Black Pepper
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2-3 Black Cardamoms
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 large Onion (sliced)
- ½ kg Tomatoes (chopped)
- 6-7 Green Chilies
- 2 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ cup Oil
- Coriander Leaves (for garnishing)
- Green Chilies (slit diagonally, for garnishing)
- Ginger Juliennes (for garnishing)
- Take a large pot and combine mutton, black pepper, cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaves together.
- Pour in enough water to cover the mutton.
- Cook the mutton on medium heat till it gets tender.
- Heat oil in a shallow frying pan or karahi.
- Add onion, stirring continuously, for 5 minutes till turns soft.
- Add tomatoes, green chilies, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, salt and mutton. Mix well.
- Cook on high heat for few minutes, stirring often.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cover the karahi. Cook for 15 minutes till the oil separates from the gravy.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, green chilies and ginger juliennes.
- Serve hot with rotis or naan.