Beef korma: Bakra Eid Recipes
Beef Korma Recipe – How To Make Beef Korma
Beef korma is one of the traditional dishes prepared on the holy occasion of Bakra Eid. Learn the recipe for how to make beef korma.
One of the most celebrated holy occasions across the world by the Muslim community, Bakra Eid is observed on the 10th day of the month of Dhul al-Hijjah. Celebrated with great pomp and show, the festival marks the willingness of the sacrifice agreed by Prophet Ibrahim to sacrifice his son. The festivities last for three days across all the countries where Muslims reside. Greeting one another, gathering at one place, organizing picnics and cooking scrumptious and luxurious dishes can be seen worldwide. Beef korma is a common and popular dish prepared in homes where a cow is slaughtered on this occasion. Find the recipe for making this delicious beef korma in the lines following below.
How To Make Beef Korma
- 2 kg Beef (cut into small cubes)
- ½ cup Oil
- 3 medium Onions (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup Water
- ¼ cup Whipping Cream
- 1 cup plain Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Cardamom Seeds (without pods)
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 6 whole Cloves
- 1/3 cup Water
- ¼ cup Almonds (blanched and slivered)
- 8 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Ginger (grated)
- ½ tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Coriander / Parsley (snipped)
- Salt (to taste)
- Mix together coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom seeds, chili powder and cloves in a blender.
- Grind the spices to form a fine powder.
- Add 1/3 cup water, slivered almonds, garlic, ginger, salt and cinnamon.
- Blend the mixture once again to form a paste.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan and sauté meat.
- Brown half of the meat on all sides and remove.
- Add the remaining half meat and brown it, adding an additional 1 tbsp of oil, if required. Remove.
- Heat the remaining oil in the saucepan and add the onions.
- Sauté the onions on medium-high heat for about 8 to 10 minutes, till they start turning brown.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the spice paste. Stir for 3 to 4 minutes till lightly brown.
- Add meat and ½ cup water to the saucepan.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 1½ to 1¾ hours till meat turns tender, stirring occasionally.
- Mix together whipping cream, yogurt, flour and garam masala.
- Add the cream mixture to the meat and stir well.
- Cook the mixture till it thickens and turns bubbly.
- Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Ladle the korma in a serving bowl and garnish with coriander or parsley.
- Serve hot with naan or parantha.