World Milk Day: History
World Milk Day was first celebrated in 2001 all across the world by the participation of many countries. The number of participating countries in the celebration is increasing year by year. Since then, it is celebrated every year focusing to publicize the activities related to the milk and milk industries all through the world. This celebration has been nationalized by organizing celebration related activities on national and international level. It is celebrated to increase the public awareness about the importance of milk and milk products for everyone throughout the whole life.
World Milk Day was first established to be celebrated every year on world level on 1st of June by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization. It was selected on 1st of June as the national milk day was already being celebrated by many countries during this time.
World Milk Day: Celebrations
World Milk Day is celebrated by the people all across the world on annual basis on 1st of June. It is celebrated to increase the common public awareness about all aspects of the natural milk such as its natural origin, milk nutritional value and various milk products including its economic importance throughout the globe. It has been started celebrating in several countries (Malaysia, Colombia, Romania, Germany, United Arab Emirates, USA and etc) by the participation of various consumers and employees of milk industries.
Milk is focused as the global food throughout the celebration of world milk day. Varieties of promotional activities (describing the importance of milk as a healthy and balanced diet) are launched by the International Dairy Federation on its website online. Various members of the health organizations take part in the celebration to work together in order to distribute the message of milk importance to the common public through the promotional activities all through the day.
World Milk Day celebration has impacted large population to understand them the reality of milk. Milk is great source of all the healthy nutrients required by the body (calcium, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, iodine, iron, potassium, folates, vitamin A, vitamin D, riboflavin, vitamin B12, protein, healthy fat and etc. It is very energetic diet provides instant energy to the body as it contains high quality proteins including both essential and non-essential amino acids and fatty acids.
World Milk Day: Activities
As milk is an important food for everyone and must to add in the balanced diet on daily basis, world milk day celebration has brought an effective revolution among the common public about the importance of milk. World milk day celebration brings a perfect opportunity every year for each one all through the word to get the new messages about adding milk in the balanced diet. It is celebrated by the association members on national and international level by working together to convey the message among public through lots of promotional activities.
World milk day celebration was initiated by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization in 2001 in order to encourage common social public about the milk and dairy products consumption as their daily diet. All aspects of the milk are annually celebrated through this event in many countries all around the world. The number of countries want to take part in the celebration is increasing every year to bring more effect.
Variety of activities related to the theme of the celebration is organized by the NGO, private and government health organizations including screen consumer education project of milk by SAMPRO (South African Milk Processors’ Organization), communication programs aiming to target markets and etc to promote milk health and nutritional advantages.
Press releases, articles, news and etc are published to highlight the nutritional health benefits of the milk among consumers. Free milk distribution camps are organized on national level engaging the local celebrities to distribute the free milk packets among children. It is celebrated by the National Dairy Council online through many activities. Various other programs like discussion, quiz competitions, sports activities, essay writing and etc are organized in the schools, colleges, universities and other educational institutions to encourage students.
4 ways through which drinking milk can improve your health
Milk is a nutrient-rich fluid that female mammals produce to feed their young. The most commonly consumed types come from cows, sheep, and goats. Below are four health benefits of drinking milk:
- Nutrient-rich: The nutritional profile of milk is impressive. It is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals.
- Quality protein: Milk is a rich source of protein, with just one cup containing 8 grams. Protein is vital for the proper functioning of the body as it helps in growth and development, cellular repair, and immune system regulation.
- Beneficial for bone health: Drinking milk has long been associated with healthy bones. It is due to its powerful combination of nutrients, including calcium, phosphorus, and potassium. All of these nutrients are essential for maintaining strong, healthy bones.
- Versatile ingredient: Milk is a versatile ingredient that can be easily added to your diet. It can be used in making smoothies, oatmeal, coffee, soups, and whatnot.
WMD Facebook Covers
- 2012: Drink Fresh Milk, Body Fit, Smart Brain
- 2013: Milk for Health and Prosperity of Southeast Asian region
- 2014: “Milk is the First Food for Human” and “World Class Nutrition”
- 2015: Milk is the First Food for Human
- 2016: Raise a Glass
- 2017: Economic Development, Livelihoods, Nutrition
- 2018: Drink Move Be Strong
- 2019: Drink Milk: Today & Everyday
- 2020: 20th Anniversary of World Milk Day
- 2021: Sustainability in the dairy sector along with empowering the environment, nutrition, and socio-economic