No New Year party is complete without drinks. In fact, it is one of the very few occasions when people don’t stop to count how many pegs they have had. While buying drinks from stores is always an option, you can also go for some wonderful homemade drinks to treat your guests. The kind of drink that is served in your New Year Party speaks volumes about the fact that you genuinely take pains to make your guests feel at home. Also, keep in mind the fact that some of your guests might be driving back home after the party, so make drinks that are not highly alcoholic in nature. The recipes of some preferred drinks that can be served during the New Year are given below. Try them for this New Year party and make it affair to remember.
Recipes For New Year Drinks
For Children & Non-Alcoholics
Fresh Ginger Ale
- 2 cups (10 ounces) Fresh Ginger (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- 3 strips (4 inches) Lemon Peel
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 3 quarts Club Soda (Chilled)
- Ice Cubes
- Take ginger and lemon peel and add it in 4-cups of water, in a pan.
- Heat, until it reaches the boiling point. Reduce flame and boil gently, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and continue boiling and stirring, until the mixture is reduced to 3 cups (i.e. for about 15 minutes longer).
- Pour this mixture through a fine wire strainer, firmly set over a bowl.
- After you discard the peel, you can reserve the ginger for another use or discard it as well.
- Cool the syrup at room temperature, cover it and refrigerate until cold.
- Serve chilled with ice.
Mildly Alcoholic Drinks
- 2 shots White Rum
- 4 shots Pineapple Juice
- 1 shot Cream
- 1 shot Coconut Cream
- Blend all the above mentioned ingredients with some crushed ice and serve chilled, in a hurricane glass.
- 2 shots Vodka
- 2 shots Dey Kuyper Blue Curacao
- Lemonade (To top it up)
How To Make:
- Pour the Vodka and Dey Kuyper Blue Curacao in a highball glass, filled with ice halfway.
- Fill with lemonade, garnish with a slice of lime and serve chilled.
While making the above-mentioned alcoholic beverages, you can increase the ratio of alcohol according to the preferences of your guest. However, they will taste best with the given proportions.