Though best known as a poet, Rabindranath Tagore was a man of many aptitudes. The first Indian to win a Nobel for literature, he wrote and composed a wide array of songs. He was an educationist who established a university that challenged the conventional form of education. A painter, whose art form played an important role in modernizing Bengali art.
Rabindranath Tagore Quotes For Students And Children
- Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.
- Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf.
- By plucking her petals, you do not gather the beauty of the flower.
- The flower which is single need not envy the thorns that are numerous.
- The highest education is that which does not merely give us information but makes our life in harmony with all existence.
- Trees are Earth’s endless effort to speak to the listening heaven.
- Everything comes to us that belongs to us if we create the capacity to receive it.
- Emancipation from the bondage of the soil is no freedom for the tree.
- To be outspoken is easy when you do not wait to speak the complete truth.
- Those who own much have much to fear.
- Your idol is shattered in the dust to prove that God’s dust is greater than your idol.
- The burden of the self is lightened with I laugh at myself.
- Do not say, ‘It is morning,’ and dismiss it with a name of yesterday. See it for the first time as a newborn child that has no name.
- You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.
- The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.
- Love does not claim possession, but gives freedom.