Lal Bahadur Shastri is one of the most famous Prime Ministers of India. He was born on 2nd October 1904 in Mughalsarai, a small town situated near Varanasi. He took over the reins of India in a very difficult time; He was the Prime Minister of India When 1965 Indo-Pak war broke out. It was the time, when he gave his famous slogan of “Jai Jawan Jai Kisan”. Which make him very popular during the war.
He was a man who lived a simple life, as being a disciple of Mahatma Gandhi he never believed in showing off. After India’s independence he served on various ministries. After the death of Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru, on 11 June 1964 he became the 2nd Prime Minister of India. During his tenure India Progressed very rapidly and saw advancement like white revolution and other social reforms.
Lal Bahadur Shastri Quotes For Students & Children
We have provided here all the famous and inspiring Quotes of Lal Bahadur Shastri at one place for you. Read out these quotes said by Lal Bahadur Shastri and know about his valuable thoughts:
- “If I were a dictator, religion and state would be separate. I will die for it. But it is my personal affair. The State has nothing to do with it. The State would look after secular welfare, health, communications, foreign relations, currency and so on, but not your or my religion. That is everybody’s personal concern.” ~ Lal Bahadur Shastri
- “The economic issues are most vital for us and it is of the highest importance that we should fight our biggest enemies – Poverty, unemployment.” ~ Lal Bahadur Shastri
- “Among the major tasks before us none is of greater importance for our strength and stability than the task of building up the unity and solidarity of our people.” ~ Lal Bahadur Shastri
- “Jai Jawan Jai Kisan.” ~ Lal Bahadur Shastri
- “We want freedom for our country, but not at the expense or exploitation of others, not us to degrade other countries… I want the freedom of my country so that other countries may learn something from my free country so that the resources of my country might be utilized for the benefit of mankind.” ~ Lal Bahadur Shastri
- “The preservation of freedom, is not the task of soldiers alone. The whole nation has to be strong.” ~ Lal Bahadur Shastri
- “We believe in peace an