Pinjore Heritage Festival – One of the oldest yet well maintained Mughal Gardens of the world, Yadavindra Garden was the venue for the first ever Pinjore Heritage Festival. The festival was cerebrated with great enthusiasm and glory. The festival was organized to promote the rich cultural and historical tradition of the region. The Pinjore Heritage Festival in Pinjore, Haryana is an annual event to project the ancient Pinjore Town with its magnificent gardens and overall tourism potentiality.
The festival was beautifully themed with the flavor of the past centuries. The place was decorated as it was in the olden days with street bazaars and tented pavilions. The place got decked up with platforms, decorated gates and wonderful illuminations. Facilities like food plaza, shops and parking areas. The Mughal Gardens were designed aesthetically, which enhanced the beauty of the landscape. The architectural brilliances of the gardens and nearby structures looked as they have gone back to their golden days.
Popular but decent cultural functions like Ghazals by eminent singers, Indian classical dances by famous danseuses, recital by eminent poets, dance ballets and last but not the least live rock show by a well known Indian rock band. The total festival had the patronage and support of the state government, the Haryana Tourism Corporation and other prominent bodies. The festival was just the beginning of a story, which will be observed every coming year. Do not miss to join the festivities next time and be a part of the great effort.
The Pinjore Heritage Festival proudly exhibits the culture and tradition of Haryana. The event is largely a cultural flux, wherein artists from all over India gather to exhibit their art and make the event successful.
The Festival is so well planned by the Tourism Department that throughout the event all activities pack the schedule engages the visitors. Many attractions such as Garba dance, Folk Dances, Musical concerts, Rock bands, Classical Music, Shopping and food Bazaar provide a wide spectrum to all participants and viewers.
The Yadavindra gardens are so beautifully decorated that the complete ambience reflects back to Vedic times and Mughal times. The lighting, decoration, music, dance all culminates to make this a memorable event.
Culture of Haryana
The state of Haryana celebrates the rich, glorious culture of India in its various fairs and festivals that are celebrated with equal pomp and gaiety here as all over the country. The unique elaborate culture and traditions of Haryana draws a large number of visitors every year across all seasons to take a flavor of this warm state.
There are many fairs and cultural events that find place in the activity calendar of the state. These festivals are occasions of celebration, fun and frolic when the entire state of Haryana bustles with life.
How to reach Pinjore Heritage Festival
Haryana roadways have made special arrangements for plying of buses from Chandigarh-Panchkula-Pinjore and back at short intervals. To reach Pinjore following modes of transportation can be used also.
• Pinjore by air the nearest airport to reach Pinjore is Domestic Airport of Chandigarh. From the airport, you can hire a taxi which is easily available outside the Arrival Terminal to Pinjore.
• Pinjore by road to reach Pinjore by road through your own vehicle leave Delhi via Sonepat Bypass and take the G.T. Road (National Highway No.1) Northwards towards Chandigarh after the drive of approx 35 to 40 minutes you will reach Zirakpur take a right on the red light towards Panchkula / Shimla. You can also take the Bus Services from Inter-State Bus Terminal (ISBT), New Delhi to Chandigarh and vice versa.
• Pinjore by rail just takes the train to Chandigarh from your nearest railway station and from Chandigarh hire the taxi or any other mode of road transport to reach Pinjore.
Major attractions at Pinjore Heritage Festival
• You can enjoy the Mughlai vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes in the food bazaar and also able to enjoy the live performances by folk dancers of Jammu and Kashmir.
• Crafts bazaar is also set up at Pinjore Heritage Festival and for it a number of craftsmen and weavers have been invited from all over the India.
• You can enjoy the delicious food and many other activities as street bazaar of the Mughal times is also created with shops and cluster of stalls, tented pavilion, food plaza and performance stage.
• Every part of the garden even the entrance gate and the parking area is decorated with the lights to enhance the beauty of Pinjore Heritage Festival in the evening.
• Many competitions have been planned for children, like painting, rangoli, mehandi, fancy dress and sudoku contests and Tambola are also arranged at Pinjore Heritage Festival.