Brother and Sister Quotes in English: Across India and in Hindu communities worldwide, the sacred bonds between brothers and sisters are honored on Raksha Bandhan. Over many centuries, the rakhi (from Sanskrit, “the tie or knot of affection”) has evolved from simple, handspun threads into bangles adorned in jewels, crystals, cartoon characters and even political figures.
On a broader scale, Raksha Bandhan is a time for harmonious existence and a bond between leaders – teachers, political figures, civil authorities – and those they serve.
Brother and Sister Quotes For Students & Children
Brother and Sister Quotes in English
- A brother is a friend God gave you, A friend is a brother your heart chose. ~ Proverb
- The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh so hard that food came out of his nose! ~ Garrison Keillor
- To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy or confidante – it is to have a soulmate for life. ~ Victoria Secunda
- There is a little boy inside the man who is my brother. Oh, how I hated him … and how I love him too. ~ Anna Quindlan
- It takes two men to make one brother. ~ Israel Zangwill
- A sister is a little bit of childhood that is never lost. ~ Marion Garretty
- I told them that anything they do for their brothers and sisters is good if they do it with a good thought…. ~ Charles Manson
- Our brothers and sisters are there with us, from the dawn of our stories to its inevitable dusk. ~ Susan Scarf Merrell
- A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread in the meaning of life. ~ Isadora James
- We came into the world like brother and brother And now let’s go hand in hand, not one before another. ~ William Shakespeare
- We may look old and wise to the outside world, but to each other, we are still in junior high. ~ Charlotte Gray
- A sibling may be the keeper of one’s identity, the only person with the keys to one’s unfettered, fundamental self. ~ Marian Sandmaier
- Boys are found everywhere on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them. ~ Alan Beck
- I think people that have a brother or sister don’t realize how lucky they are. Sure, they fight a lot, but to know that there’s always somebody there, somebody that’s family. ~ Trey Parker quotes
- I do not believe that the accident of birth makes people sisters and brothers. It makes them siblings. Gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood are conditions people have to work at. It’s a serious matter. You compromise, you give, you take, you stand firm, and you’re relentless… And it is an investment. Sisterhood means if you happen to be in Burma and I happen to be in San Diego and I’m married to someone who is very jealous and you’re married to somebody who is very possessive, if you call me in the middle of the night, I have to come. ~ Maya Angelou
- We are taught you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers – you can blame anyone but never blame yourself. It’s never your fault. But it’s always your fault, because if you wanted to change, you’re the one who has got to change. It’s as simple as that, isn’t it? ~ Katharine Hepburn
- A father may turn his back on his child, brothers and sisters may become inveterate enemies, husbands may desert their wives, wives their husbands. But a mother’s love endures through all. ~ Washington Irving
- Those are the same stars, and that is the same moon, that look down upon your brothers and sisters, and which they see as they look up to them, though they are ever so far away from us, and each other. ~ Sojourner Truth
- I don’t believe the accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings. Gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at. ~ Maya Angelou
- If physical death is the price that I must pay to free my white brothers and sisters from a permanent death of the spirit, then nothing can be more redemptive. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Power comes not from the barrel of a gun, but from one’s awareness of his or her own cultural strength and the unlimited capacity to empathize with, feel for, care, and love one’s brothers and sisters. ~ Addison Gayle, Jr.
- Sibling relationships… outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty and distrust. ~ Erica E. Goode
- I don’t believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood are a condition people have to work at. ~ Maya Angelou