Jayalalithaa Jayaram – Biography, Film Actress & Politician – Contributions
Despite several accusations and controversies on embezzlement of government funds and illegal acquisition of land, she managed to return to power thrice for her humungous contributions towards the people of the state. During her tenure, she actively worked for the betterment of the people. On the industrial side, she has tried to open up the state’s economy by welcoming many national and international companies, which in turn has been a major contribution towards the growth and development of the state. Meanwhile, she has also focused on the eliminating poverty, violence and corruption.
- Received Filmfare Best Tamil Actress Award for Pattikada Pattanama
- Was awarded Filmfare Best Telugu Actress Award for Sri Krishna Satya
- Got Filmfare Best Tamil Actress Award for Suryakanthi
- Given Kalaimamani from the Government of Tamil Nadu
- Received Honorary Doctorate in Literature from University of Madras
- Awarded Honorary Doctorate in Science from Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University
- Received Doctor of Letters from Madurai Kamaraj University
- Got Honorary Doctorate in Science from Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
- Received Doctor of Letters from Bharathidasan University
- Conferred Honorary Doctorate in Law from Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University
1948: Jayalaithaa was born on 24 February in Mysore city.
1961: She made her career debut with “Epistle”.
1964: She made an appearance in a Kannada film for the first time.
1965: Jayalilthaa made her debut in Tamil films.
1972: She won the film fare award for best actress in Pattikada Pattanama.
1980: She was selected as the Propaganda Secretary by MGR.
1984: Was nominated to Rajya Sabha.
1989: She won the legislative assembly elections.
1991: She swore in as Chief Minister for the first time.
2002: Jayalalithaa won the state assembly election for the second time.
2011: She is currently serving as the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.