- One individual may die for an idea; but that idea will, after his death, incarnate itself in a thousand lives. That is how the wheel of evolution moves on and the ideas and dreams of one nation are bequeathed to the next.
- Reality is, after all, too big for our frail understanding to fully comprehend. Nevertheless, we have to build our life on the theory, which contains the maximum truth. We cannot sit still because we cannot, or do not, know the Absolute Truth.
- Freedom is not given, it is taken.
- I have no doubt in my mind that our chief national problems relating to the eradication of poverty, illiteracy and disease and the scientific production and distribution can be tackled only along socialistic lines.
- When we stand, the Azad Hind Fauj has to be like a wall of granite; when we march, the Azad Hind Fauj has to be like a steamroller.
- For the present, I can offer you nothing except hunger, thirst, privation, forced marches and death. But if you follow me in life and in death, as I am confident you will, I shall lead you to victory and freedom. It does not matter who among us will live to see India free. It is enough that India shall be free and that we shall give our all to make her free.
- Nationalism is inspired by the highest ideals of the human race, satyam [the truth], shivam [the God], sundaram [the beautiful].
- We should have but one desire today, the desire to die so that India may live, the desire to face a martyr’s death, so that the path to freedom may be paved with the martyr’s blood.
- Remember that the greatest crime is to compromise with injustice and wrong.
- A true soldier needs both military and spiritual training.
Subhash Chandra Bose Quotes in English: Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose was a Indian nationalist and leader of an independence movement during the 1930’s and 40’s. In order to fight against British imperialism in India, he sought the support of Germany and Japan during World War II to gain enough footing to establish a provisional Indian government and army. Though he led this army called the “Azad Hind” with unmatched fervor, his attempts ultimately failed. While Bose’s rebellion against Britain was unsuccessful, he aroused a feeling of national pride among the people and paved the way for future movements towards independence in India.
Year 1950, a salute of 21 guns and the unfurling of the Indian National flag by …