Before Guru ji left his mortal body for his heavenly abode, he nominated Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji as the next perpetual Guru of the Sikhs. Guru Gobind Singh molded the Sikh religion into its present shape, with the formation of the Khalsa fraternity and completion of the Guru Granth Sahib as we find it today, which some will say was his greatest act.
The tenth Guru (teacher) of the Sikh faith, was born Gobind Rai. It may not be out of context to say here that throughout the chronicles of human history, there was no other individual who could be of more inspiring personality than Guru Gobind Singh.
Guru Gobind Singh Ji infused the spirit of both sainthood and soldier in the minds and hearts of his followers to fight oppression in order to restore justice, peace, righteousness (Dharma) and to uplift the down-trodden people in this world.
- The greatest comforts and lasting peace are obtained, when one eradicates selfishness from within.
- Day and night, meditate forever on the Lord.
- By perfect good karma, you shall meet the True Guru, and then the Dear Lord, by His Sweet Will, shall bless you with His Mercy.
- Serving the True Guru, one finds a lasting peace, the pains of birth and death are removed.
- O Nanak, as the Lord Himself engages him, so is he engaged, no one has any say in this matter.
- The ignorant person is totally blind he does not appreciate the value of the jewel.
- God Himself is the Forgiver.
- Without the Name, there is no peace.
- These friends are united, and will not be separated again, they have been united by the Creator Lord Himself.
- She meets the Great Giver, the Life of the World.