- World No Tobacco Day
- World No Tobacco Day Greetings
- World No Tobacco Day Facebook Covers
- Famous English Quotes on Tobacco
- Famous English Quotes on Smoking
- तम्बाकू पर उद्धरण Tobacco Quotes in Hindi
- How is World No Tobacco Day celebrated?
- Tobacco Trivia – World No Smoking Day Quiz
- World No Tobacco Day – Tobacco Quiz
- World No Tobacco Day – India No. 1 in Smokeless Tobacco deaths
- Where does tobacco come from?
- What are themes for World No Tobacco Day?
- What steps are taken by the WHO on World No Tobacco Day?
- Why is World No Tobacco Day Celebrated and its History?
Kids Questionnaire – Where does tobacco come from?
Tobacco is the name given to the plant and cured leaves of Nicotiana, and it can be used in various ways – for smoking, chewing and snuffing. It was first cultivated by the Indians of North and South America. Accounts of Christopher Columbus’s first voyage in 1492 speak of the natives of Cuba using ‘smoking reeds’ – a kind of primitive pipe. The Indians smoked both for pleasure and for ceremonial purposes, a good example of the latter being the Red Indian pipe of peace. Once introduced into Europe, the habit of smoking spread rapidly to the far corners of the world.