It is a very good idea to gift your mom handmade cards on Mother’s Day
. Such cards serve to reflect that your mom is so special that she deserves something more than an ordinary card that can be easily bought from the market. The special effort that you put in to make a handmade Mother’s Day card goes a long way in strengthening the bond between you and your dearest mommy. So, don’t waste any more time and start making a special card for your special Mom! In case you need any help in going for a hand made card, the ideas given below will surely prove to be handy.
Homemade Mother’s Day Card Ideas
- Take a colored construction paper, its dimensions depending upon the size of the card you want to make, and fold it into half.
- On the outer side of the folded construction paper, make a nice collage with some memorable pictures of you and your mother.
- If you don’t want to paste pictures, make a drawing on the outer side of the card, like landscape, flowers, etc.
- Another option is to download some nice pictures and clip arts from the internet, take their printout and paste them on the outer side of the card.
- With the card being adorned from the outside, all you have to do is write a message for your mom on the inner right side of the card.
- Put the card in an envelope, tie it with a red ribbon and give it to your mom, on Mother’s Day.
- For making a digital card, you need to go through the digital scrap booking sites, as the first step. You will find a large number of websites that offer the service for free.
- You can also browse through photo storage websites, offering digital scrap booking items. Such sites will come specifically handy if you are already using them for storing, as well as sharing, your family pictures.
- After selecting the website that you want to use, it is the time to select a layout for your digital card. In this context, you can make use of the photographs stored on your PC or import them from photo storage locations.
- Next, you need to personalize the card, by adding items like a favorite poem or a personal memory. At the same time, you will have to customize the font size, style and color for your card.
- Add embellishments to the card and decorate it, just like you adorn a scrap book page. You can use things like buttons, ribbons, flowers and pearls, for the purpose.
- Your digital card is ready. Now, all you have to do is connect your PC to a color printer and take a printout of the card. If you don’t want to print the card, email a copy to your mom.