If there can be anyone who can surpass the roles of teachers in your life, it has to be none other than your parents – parents who unconditionally bestow you with all the support, love, kindness, magnanimity and all the valuable lessons in life. Their influence on us begins even before this world ushers us in. As parents they accept you, despite your warts and all. They teach you how to walk, how to talk, how to obey and most importantly, how to live. The world may run counter to you, but your mother and father will hold their ground tight and firm and will not let go of you. They also play an indispensable role in binding families from one generation to the next. Though it is difficult for us to hold a candle to them for having nurtured us with such devotion, we can at least reciprocate our feelings. Parent’s day provides a fitting platform for you to tell them that you think the world of them. You may send them a card, organize a party or gift them things. Sometimes, instead of a common gift, children like to present individual gifts to mom and dad. If you are looking for gifts for your pa on Parent’s day, you have hit the right page. Read on for some interesting gifts for him.
Parent’s Day Gifts For Dad
- Clothes make great gifts for dad. Since you already know his preferences and tastes, it becomes easier for you to select one that you know your dad will like to wear. This also makes you spend lesser time on shopping. For instance, you can gift him a particular color of sweater that he does not have. You can also give him a framed photograph of the entire family with kids or grand kids along with it to make the gift even more special.
- This one is for your dad if he likes to watch sports or old movies or any other category of programs on television. Usually, dads who are on the higher side of age get flummoxed by the deluge of choices available for subscribing television and radio services. They often miss out on valuable information or entertainment. What you can do is subscribe a year’s service for him and help him with its programming and installing. Demonstrate its functions and teach him the basic ones. If he complains of getting bored, this is sure to get him hooked on to his favorite channels or stations.
- If your father is a book lover but finds it hard to read owing to vision issues, gifting him an audiobook can make for an ideal gift. You can buy an audiobook version of a text by one of his favorite authors that will allow him to overcome his struggle. They are often available on audiotapes, CDs or as digital files. If he does not like your preferences, you can take him to a bookstore and ask him to select one that appeals the most to him.
- If your dad has a taste for wine, you can consider gifting him a wine basket that generally contains two to three bottles of the best wine. You can also find gourmet snacks such as beef jerky, spiced nuts, pretzels, and sometimes even glasses in it. The bucket form of the basket makes it easier for you to store it. You simply have to add ice to the wine glass before the celebration begins. As you have a choice of a small or large basket, you can select one that suits your budget.
- Many people resort to pursuing their hobbies to fill in their time once they are retired or old. What better gift can there be for your dad than something that gets them really interested in their hobbies and makes them pursue it with greater zeal. If he is interesting in fishing, why not give him a fishing set? Or if he likes golf, gift a golf set to him. Your father will be delighted on receiving this gift from you on parents’ day.
- If your daddy keeps remembering his favorite classic television shows that have gone off the air, buying him a gift that makes him relive these programs can be an interesting present. You can buy a DVD set of the shows he particularly liked. You also have the option of making the gift more comprehensive by buying a basket filled with assorted classic television options.
Now that you know of some interesting gift options for your dad to, decide which one will be the most suitable for him. Make Parent’s day as special as you can for him.