Cake Recipes For Father’s Day
Apple Coffee Cake Recipe
- 5 cups Tart apples, cored, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Dark raisins
- 1/2 cup Pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups Sifted all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven at 350 degree centigrade
- Take a medium sized pan and lightly oil your pan.
- Take a large bowl and mix apples with sugar, raisins, and pecans into it.
- Blend the ingredients well
- Let this mixture stand for 30 minutes.
- Mix oil, vanilla, and egg in the prepared mixture.
- Sieve together flour, soda, and cinnamon into a bowl.
- Mix the sieved flour mix into apple mixture about 1/3 at a time just enough to dampen dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Keep it into the preheated Oven.
- Bake it for 35-40 minutes.
- Keep it in Refrigerator for 15 minutes
- You can also garnish it with cream if you wish.
- Serve into square pieces.
Basic Sponge Cake Recipe
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 cup Flour
- Lemon Rind, grated
- Preheat oven at 325 degree centigrade.
- Separate the whites and yolks of the eggs, in two bowls.
- Pound the yolks, until it turns thick and attains lemon color.
- Stir sugar and lemon juice into the beaten egg yolks.
- Now, mix in the grated lemon rind.
- In a bowl, sift the flour well.
- Cut and fold the prepared egg mixture in the filtered flour.
- Bake in an ungreased pan for fifteen minutes.
- Serve after cooling.