Constipation — Constipation is a problem of the digestive system. It gives rise to occasional bowel movement, incomplete evacuation of bowel, decrease in the volume or weight of the bowel. Not only is constipation a problem in itself, it is also the cause of many problems which occur due to it as toxins find their way into the bloodstream throughout the body. Some of the diseases caused due to it are appendicitis, rheumatism, arthritis, high blood pressure, cataract, and cancer. Some of the causes of constipation are low fiber diet, low intake of fluids, weak abdominal muscles and high intake of refined foods. When it comes to treating the ailment, the best way to do it is through the home remedies. Apart from solving the ailment, home remedies also add the required nutrients and have no side effect. Look out for some natural remedies to cure constipation.
Home Remedy For Constipation
- The most simple and effective home remedy for curing constipation is to have at least 6 to 8 glasses of water. This is beneficial for digesting and dissolving the nutrients.
- Consuming 2 tablespoons of molasses before going to sleep is a good remedy for treating constipation. You can also add it to milk, fruit juice, or prune juice if you want.
- Cabbage juice also is beneficial in treating constipation. Have half cup cabbage juice two times a day to counter constipation problem.
- Immerse 10 to 12 dry grapes without seeds in milk and heat the milk till it boils. Strain the milk. While you are drinking the milk, chew the grapes side by side. It is one of the useful remedy for treating constipation naturally.
- An effective method would be to immerse 5-10 grams Spiegel seeds in 200 grams of warm milk. Add sugar to it and drink this before going to sleep. Another way of using Spiegel seeds would be to soak 2 tsp of them in water for about 6 hours. Add equal amount of sugar to the mixture. Before going to bed at night, have this mixture.
- Keep water in a copper vessel overnight. Have this water first thing in the morning in an empty stomach. It is a useful remedy for constipation.
- In Â½ glass water, mix Â¼ tsp of Epsom salt. Drink this combination to cure constipation.
- A combination of orange juice and olive oil would also act beneficial to cure constipation. In Â½ cup orange juice, add equal amount of olive oil. Drink this to get rid of constipation.
- Mix equal quantities of carrot juice and spinach juice in a glass. Intake this combination at bedtime. It would cure constipation problem.
- A before meal technique would be to have a tsp of linseed with water. It brings in the much needed lubrication required for constipation.
- Consuming hot water with sour lime juice and half a teaspoon of salt added to it would be beneficial in treating constipation.
- Orange juice when taken empty stomach in the morning would be favorable in treating constipation.
- Fennel seeds will help to cure the digestive problem. In a glass of lukewarm water add a few fennel seeds. Drink this mixture every night before going to bed. It would definitely heal constipation.
- In case of chronic or severe constipation, have figs dipped in water. Consume this in large quantities in the morning time.
- A guava a day in the early morning, keeps constipation away.